IGNORED

Your favorite game music

elviticus

What's your choice for a soundtrack for your 2600 gaming sessions?

I like to keep the time period of the tunes roughly the same as the games... Something about 80s pop mixes just right w/the sound effects. (Not to mention adds a touch of nostalgia :wink: )

Currently I have a Gary Numan mix in heavy rotation!! (minus "cars" - I've just heard it too much)

To be perfectly honest, I never play any music when I'm playing video games.  I always play the game as it was intended...allowing the game's audio (no matter how rudimentary or annoying) to do its thing.

I hear you, I like the sound effects too. I don't turn them off, I just like to add to the atmosphere a little. As a kid, I often played the radio or some new record while playing games too, that's all.

What goes good with which game?

Spitfire Attack- Early Metallica (Kill 'em All) Anti-Flag, U.K Subs..anything frantic and maniacal

Basically, I'll usually have punk rock in the background when playing any game. It works best for fast paced 2600 games. I've never tried reggae but I will have to now that Liquid mentioned that he plays reggae when gaming.

I'm surprised I've got any brain cells left to be able to play Spitfire Attack. After about 25k points, it starts to pick up speed to the point where it's nearly impossible to beat. It's like dogfighting and the 2600 did this game very well.

Anyway, back to the point.

The music just heightens the mood...depending on the game being played.

Me, I like techno for playing games, i just turn down the volume, put on my big 1970s headphones which scream like a pair o bitches :) and turn it up!! For titles, well, the Whistle song and other stuff By DJ Aligator. Check Kazaa lite++ or whatever you use for Techno music. Most techno music doesn't have a albumn or such. IT is also fun to listen to the Super Mario Bros NES theme Music(!) :D

I used to play the The J. Geils Band album while playing Mega Force as a young kid. (circa 82' or 83')

Yes, yes, the cheezy Freeze Frame and Centerfold songs were played over and over and over....

These days I'll throw on the Pac-Man fever CD or even the J Geils CD now and again

.....mmmmemmorrrieeeeessss....