IGNORED

is the penquin game any good

woodyi76

Most of the games we have listed at a rarity of 1 are because you can still buy them new at various retailers (online). That doesn't mean you'll be able to find them inexpensively used, at least not yet. It's more difficult to come up with rarity values for a newer system like the Jaguar that still has companies selling new copies of games. It takes little effort to quickly accumulate most of the Jaguar library if you're willing to pay.

I found Attack of the Killer Penguins at Telegames for $49.95 and at B&C Computervisions also for $49.95. Unfortunately that's well above the $20 you want to pay. You can usually find them up on eBay (there's one up now that ends tomorrow, but it's in the UK. eBay is probably your best bet, unless you can find someone to trade or sell you a copy cheap.

..Al

Attack Of The Mutant Penguins is probably the most bizarre game I've ever played.

No, wait... I almost forgot about that butt game talked about elsewhere on this site... that's much weirder.

AMP is a good game though... it's just too bad they didn't add music, it could have improved it.

--Zero

Is it just me imagining things or was there some form of penguin based strategy game on the st? Im sure I remember something weird, a platformer I think, anyone else remember it? or am I thinking of a this game? whats it like? I've never seen it but a review may have lodged in the back of my mind, mis-filed into an st hehe

quote:

Originally posted by Lemmi:

Hey i thought i saw attack of the mutant penguins on a 5200 cart one time, i swear it was a 5200 cart, but it could be my mind failing me again

can anyone tell me if i am nuts or not?

The Atari 8-bit had Jeff Minter's (of tempest 2K&Defender 2K&VLM fame) 'Attack of the Mutant Camels;' I'm not sure if it ever came out for the 5200, but it could have, the 5200 had enough memory for it...There is another game that came from an English company by a couple other famous English programmers, It might have been Red Ratt software, but it might have been one of the many great English houses of the day. I think Ivan McIntosh had something to do with it...anyway, it's called 'Tube Baddies' and there are penguins in that game too...great game too!