IGNORED

Kabobber Hack: New Colors, New Characters, New Theme!

Atarius Maximus

Here's a hack of Activision's Kabobber. I always thought the game was pretty cool, but the characters & colors would only appeal to a preschooler. I changed the colors to a darker theme, and changed the main characters to look like humans, and the enemies to more resemble robots. The boot character has been changed to a bomb.

I wanted to give the game sort of a "Spy" theme, making the main characters a group of elite assassins closing in on their "mark". The robots (or whatever they are) were sent to slow your progress. Ok, not the best storyline, but it's what I was thinking about when I made the hack. I think I'll dub this one "SpyBob". :) Spybobber was a close 2nd. :D

Below is a screenshot of my hack, as well as a screenshot of the original unmodified Kabobber game.

spybob.jpg

spybob.zip

There's an instruction manual for the original game here:

http://www.atariage.com/manual_thumbs.html...wareLabelID=830

Basically, you jump around and on top of other enemies for points, but your goal is to get to the end of the map and capture the red character. In the original game, it's the "princess". I'm not entirely sure what the conditions are for when you overtake and kill an enemy vs. losing a life, I tend to just jump on everything.

There is a radar screen at the bottom that shows how close you are to capturing the character at the end of the grid. Also, pressing the fire button will cause you to use one of the smaller "men" and add them to your group. The small men you have remaining are displayed just below the radar screen. They will remain small until they defeat a certain type of enemy, until then they are more vulnerable.

In the original game, there is a black boot that cannot be killed. In this hack, it's been changed to a bomb with a fuse. It doesn't appear until the third grid. Avoid it!

Hope these instructions help a little.

Have Fun!

AM

• 2 weeks later...