IGNORED

65c816 wanted.

raster/c.p.u.

Hi.

We are looking for CPU 65c816. We were trying to ask everywhere, but we didn't obtain any positive answer.

Please, do somebody know where is possible to order/purchase this procesor? According to the price, we take concern to buy more pieces (up to 5 pieces approximately).

Thanks for all responses.

Raster, AtariClub Prostejov, Czech Republic

• 1 year later...

Yep, if you need that small of a quantity, find a few otherwise useless SNES/Super Famicom systems and use a 1000 degree F heat gun to melt the solder. As it's being heated, tap the chip with a long screwdriver every few seconds until it comes off. (Also, remember to set the heat gun to a lower setting for a few seconds when you're done before turning it off. Mine will trip its thermal cutoff and it takes a minute or two before it will operate again if I just turn it off from the high setting.)

Of course these are surface-mount chips. I'm not aware that there were any/many DIP 65C816 chips made. If necessary, you could get it soldered to an adapter board.