IGNORED

Star Fire Elite Squadron!

Albert

Hi there!

Actually, I don't think my wife would have a problem making more patches. The price you quote is about right. However, the decsion would have to Manuels and/or Alberts. Maybe you can convince them to support that idea after the contest. Because of the effort involved though, there would have to be an end date to earn a patch.

Given that fact that there's now only 11 patches claimed since august, at this pace I'd assume patches will be available throughout 2004, maybe even in 2005.

I think we did that just right. Anyone really wanting it has a fair chance.

The limitation also makes it more *special* for the selected few earning it.

Greetings,

Manuel

Lee Krueger wrote:  

Just for grins I made up a prototype patch for Thrust for myself that I showed Albert in the early part of these discussions.  

Pictures  

Thomas,

Here ya go :)

Actually, I couldn't find the completed patch for Thrust, but here is the sample of the protoype I put together which includes Marble Craze. Paul saw the Marble Craze. I thought a High Score contest for his game was in order as well. In any event, I have many designs that I have been kicking around for sometime. I think the idea should be revisited, but not over done.

-Lee

MC_Thrust_Patch.gif

Got my patch today in the mail. Great job by Lori and everyone else involved.

Of course the damn mail carrier had to jam it into my tiny mail box with all the other junk mail. So my letter has a slight bend in it. Another job well done by the US postal service. :roll:

But the patch is fine and that's all that matters. :D

Got my patch today in the mail.  Great job by Lori and everyone else involved.

Of course the damn mail carrier had to jam it into my tiny mail box with all the other junk mail.   So my letter has a slight bend in it.  Another job well done by the US postal service. :roll:  

Oh, shit. That's likely to happen with mine, too, I guess.

So what are you going to bo with the patch itself? I'm considering framing mine with the letter. I was going to make a hat out of it but I know I'd be pissed off in a year when the patch gets ruined from being worn everywhere.

Of course the damn mail carrier had to jam it into my tiny mail box with all the other junk mail.   So my letter has a slight bend in it.  Another job well done by the US postal service. :roll:  

I did put a backing board in the package to help protect the letter, and it's also inside a plastic magazine bag. I'll write "DO NOT BEND" on them from now on, but I don't think that'll stop a determined mail carrier from stuffing the package in a box.

..Al

@Xot

At least I will keep in the plastic bag it came in. I'm not sure about framing it, because it's easier to see without it.

For me, it's too cool to actually put on clothing. Though a hat would be a better choice than a jacket or shirt. If I was going to put it on something, it would be a hat.

I did put a backing board in the package to help protect the letter, and it's also inside a plastic magazine bag. I'll write "DO NOT BEND" on them from now on, but I don't think that'll stop a determined mail carrier from stuffing the package in a box.

..Al

That's all right, it'll look fine in a frame I'm sure. I'm just thinking since I have a PO Box they're likely to fold the f'ing thing IN HALF to get it in there. Well, we'll see soon enough!

I did put a backing board in the package to help protect the letter, and it's also inside a plastic magazine bag.  I'll write "DO NOT BEND" on them from now on, but I don't think that'll stop a determined mail carrier from stuffing the package in a box.

..Al

And that backing board did a good job protecting it. :) It is only a slight bend at the bottom of the letter. I'm going to keep the letter inside the magazine bag with the backing board.

It just happened to come on a big mail day for me. I got a financial report along with the same mess of pizza and store flyers that I get every Tuesday. The financial report is in much worse shape than the letter. However, it is only a draft copy.

Putting "DO NOT BEND" on the outside is a good idea.

I got mine in the mail yesterday also. The backing board helped a great deal in preventing any damage. Thanks so much to everyone involved in this patch promotion!!!!

I can't beleive other Star Fire owners aren't rushing to join the Elite Squadron. The score isn't that hard to get if you put a little time into it, and the game is more than fun enough to warrant that time. I've even cracked 4500 (but only once!)

I got mine in the mail yesterday also.  The backing board helped a great deal in preventing any damage.  Thanks so much to everyone involved in this patch promotion!!!!

I can't beleive other Star Fire owners aren't rushing to join the Elite Squadron.  The score isn't that hard to get if you put a little time into it, and the game is more than fun enough to warrant that time.  I've even cracked 4500 (but only once!)

I've been getting close but, well, since I drew that patch, It'd be a bit naff if I started competing for one. I just want to get that magic score :)

I can't beleive other Star Fire owners aren't rushing to join the Elite Squadron.  The score isn't that hard to get if you put a little time into it, and the game is more than fun enough to warrant that time.

Well, being too easy is something which won't happen with the patches for Thrust. :)

I can't beleive other Star Fire owners aren't rushing to join the Elite Squadron.  The score isn't that hard to get if you put a little time into it, and the game is more than fun enough to warrant that time.

Well, being too easy is something which won't happen with the patches for Thrust. :)

I don't own Star Fire, but I am looking forward to the patch for thrust (if they are actually going to make them)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sdamon wrote:  

I can't beleive other Star Fire owners aren't rushing to join the Elite Squadron. The score isn't that hard to get if you put a little time into it, and the game is more than fun enough to warrant that time.  

Well, being too easy is something which won't happen with the patches for Thrust.  

Oh no.... Maybe a meddalian or gold clusters for completing Thrust.

-Lee

I've been getting close but, well, since I drew that patch, It'd be a bit naff if I started competing for one. I just want to get that magic score

Why not? If you earn it.... well, you've earned it! At a very minimum, you still should have your name listed as achieving the score.

-Lee

I've been getting close but, well, since I drew that patch, It'd be a bit naff if I started competing for one. I just want to get that magic score

Why not? If you earn it.... well, you've earned it! At a very minimum, you still should have your name listed as achieving the score.

-Lee

Yeah, but I'm probably going to get one anyway :D