IGNORED

Star Fire Elite Squadron!

Albert

(if they are actually going to make them)

If won't promise anything now, but that's the plan. And you are of course the first to get one (and probably an extra addon if you beat game #4 :)).

Well I will keep this short because it is totally off topic,

but I noticed there are three bars under the patch, like starmaster. So are there going to be three different levels to attain? Like you get the patch and the first bar if you get a certain score, and then two bars if you beat it, and then three bars if you beat it on game 4?

Well I will keep this short because it is totally off topic,  

but I noticed there are three bars under the patch, like starmaster. So are there going to be three different levels to attain? Like you get the patch and the first bar if you get a certain score, and then two bars if you beat it, and then three bars if you beat it on game 4?

Remember, this was a prototype that I was making for myself. It doesn't reflect the final design at all of any Thrust patch. Thomas may have different ideas. I hesitated in posting the images because of I thought it may be controversial. My original idea was to have cheverons, like Starmaster. If there is to be a patch at all, it will be up to Thomas to:

1) agree upon the final design

2) To set the acheivement level

3) to set an end date to any contest

I've played alot of Thrust and you have my respect. It is a very challenging game. I doubt that I could ever achieve what you did. I think Thomas is thinking up of a way to reward you.

BTW: Personally, I like your level ideas for the Chevrons :)

-Lee

@Lee - I like the patch and I am sure Thomas will pick something great, even if it is totally different. I already got my reward for beating thrust. I had my choice of Thomas's hacks/homebrews and I chose Missile Command AM (amiga mouse) So it would just be icing on top of the cake if the patches come out.

I also think it would turn a lot more people on to playing it, with the goal in mind of beating it. I am still trying Game 4 every once in a while and I still haven't gotten past level 5 on that one :ponder:

Probably there will be only one chevron(?), because you get the patch for beating te game and the chevron for beating the game at higher difficulty. IMO games #5 and #1 are similar to #3, #2 is similar to #4, they are longer but also give you a chance to reserve a few extra lifes or some more fuel. Therefore it's almost impossible to tell which one is harder.

So the additional chevron will be for those very, very few people mastering Thrust at games #2 or #4.

BTW: I am still looking for a name for that one.

So the additional chevron will be for those very, very few people mastering Thrust at games #2 or #4.  

BTW: I am still looking for a name for that one.

Well, my guess is you are going to be waiting for a while on those game 2 or 4 names. Maybe I will try it on game 2 and conserve some fuel but it is still that one skinny door on level 5 of game 4. I would safely say that it is impossible, or nearly. ;) I will keep trying, but don't hold your breath, because it will be a while, if it ever happens.

• 2 weeks later...
BAM!  Gimme gimme gimme!  I got Starfire for Christmas and immediately sat up all night playing until I racked up this baby!  My e-mail has been sent.  Weeeeeee!!!

I've added your score and image to the Star Fire Elite Squadron page. Around 70 copies of Star Fire are now floating around out there, so I expect more patch entries to start coming in, especially as people realize that the longer they hold off, the less likely they'll be able to get a patch!

..Al

First off all, you MUST play on Difficulty A. You get SO many more points and get your score up faster.

Second, since your gun will heat up faster in Diff A, make your early shots count. Don't unload and fire wild unless you are trying to knock out a freighter or hit a restore diamond.

When you first arrive in a sector, go freighter hunting immediately. The smaller fighter ships tend to clump around the freighters at the beginnning, so it may seem foolish, but dive right into a pack of them. Take out the freighters first, dealing with the smaller fighters as they attack.

You generally cannot be hit if you can't see the blast. This doesn't always work, but generally if you are shot at, get the enemy shot off the screen. This will usually get you out of trouble, however, if the shot is in the lower part of your screen, you can still be hit. Also, if you hear a shot, but don't see it right away, move anyway.

If you hear the passage to the next sector open, drop everything and go for it.

If your lasers heat up, fly casual for a few seconds and let them cool, just dodge enemy ships.

Aim. Aim. Aim. Make every shot count. Past Sector 8 misses will cost you dearly.

Finally, when you get hit, drop what you are doing (unless its pinging a freighter) and go find a restore diamond. Those little babies are the only way to stay alive!

Hope these tips help! I'm still having a BLAST playing this game, and I can't wait to get my patch!!!!

:D :D :D :D

Hi there!

Since I'm getting asked this over and over again, here's the exact scoring tables for Star Fire:

Game: B/A

Tie Wave%1: 5/10

Tie Wave%2: 10/15

Tie Wave%3: 15/20

Tie Wave%4: 20/25

Star Destroyer: 20/40

Tardis: 30/50

Death Star: 40/60

Slave I: 60/80

Enemy Shot: 1/2

Energy Diamond: 6/10

Exiting: 60/90