IGNORED

Star Fire Elite Squadron!

Albert

Buck - I like your High Score idea - I wish AtariAge would have more contests.  

I think that they have had a fair number of contests. If they have too many, I'd go bankrupt trying to keep up with the purchases one has to make to participate! (Actually Starfire was my first and so far only HB purchase, but Thrust Platinum looks inviting)(Hey Thomas! I was probably condemned and redeemed in one sentence by you! :D )

As for the High Score idea, since each homebrew has its own page, it would be nice to be able to submit a score and have your name as the current high score holder. I think that this should be limited to homebrews that AtariAge sells because the Al's would go crazy trying to sort thru all of the other games, and also the al's could require that to have your score posted as current high score you would have to had purchased the cart from AtariAge. Selling point! Call me Wile E. Coyote--Super-marketing-genius! :D

This has gone a wee bit of topic. if anyone wants to discuss this further, lets start a new thread. Now back to the Star Fire Elite Squadron!!!

Buck

And Al, I forgot to mention earlier - my patch arrived in excellent condition! Thanks!

(Hey Thomas! I was probably condemned and redeemed in one sentence by you! :D )

:ponder: :ponder: :ponder:

As for the High Score idea, since each homebrew has its own page, it would be nice to be able to submit a score and have your name as the current high score holder.

Cool idea. :thumbsup:

A top ten would be IMO even better.

As for the High Score idea, since each homebrew has its own page, it would be nice to be able to submit a score and have your name as the current high score holder.

Cool idea. :thumbsup:

A top ten would be IMO even better.

As long as it'd limited to three letters per persom like a real arcade game. :P

I'm going to have to actually dig this one out to play again now. I've already surpassed 4000 in this game. Just never took a picture.

I still have yet to try mine. :ponder:

What are you waitng for? There is no excuse!

Well, unless you are trying to master Thrust+. :)

Time! Time my friend. I have to dig out the 2600 from the closet and get it set up. However, by the time sometimes I get home at 10pm, I got to take care of other things, then I pass out. :P

If I don't have to take the visiting in-laws shopping this weekend, I'm thinking that will be the time for some recreation :D

Maybe some won't care to do so or some may think its giving away secrets but I'd like to see some people post their scores per wave.

Like:

Wave 1 - XXX

Wave 2 - XXX

etc etc

I'm just curious to see which waves people are picking up a lot of points on and to see if I'm on the path to 3,500 pts or if by Wave 6 my score has no chance of making it. For example I've had a score range on Wave 1 of 220 to 400; not sure why such a big variance as I try to shoot everything on the first few waves.

My highest score so far is just over 3,200. I know I have a ways to go to reach the magic 3,500 mark but I'm not frustrated at all because the game is just THAT DAMN FUN!!

Mendon

ok I did it. I played it for the first time tonight when I got home about 6. It took me about 7 or 8 plays to break 3500. I think I got 3800 something. I do have the exact score and I do have a picture. And for you Mendon I started tracking my score per stage on about the 3rd game :)

However I had to go eat dinner and am now on a laptop.. so no details yet. I'll upload the pic and post my scores per game later tonight.

But for now.. Albert, I'll take one patch please :D

My opinion on the game? Very very nice. :) As an arcade conversion.. of course it's different, but in an awesome way and by that I mean it improves and adds things to make it more fun! I was only slightly dissapointed by the shots which were reminiscent of the "difficulty B-Photon Torpedos" setting of Star Voyager. I was expecting the lasers of the arcade or at least the lasers of "difficulty A" Star Voyager ;). Also no Lock-On like the arcade (which actually is what enamoured me with the game as a kid since it was reminiscent of the lock on that occurs on the Millenium Falcon :lol:). But I guess it would have thrown off the pace and gameplay of this particular game. Aside from those very dismissable little things, this game is top notch! :D It was tougher to beat 3500 than I thought it would be.. :P

K here it is. And her is my game log:

First 2 or 3 games.. not even worth mentioning

Game 3 (started writing scores late)

4-1239

6 - 2103

7-2549

8-2763

---------------

Game 4

1-382

2-911

3-1494

4-2021

5-2313

6-2771

7-3085

--------------

Game 5

1 - 350

2- 731

3 - 1313

4 - 2056

5 - 2122 .. choked on this one :(

-----------------

Game 6

1 -354

2 - 830

3 - 1362

4 - 2211

5 - 2640

6 - 2960

7 - 3550

8 - 3684

9 - 3822

I started on Hard, and toggled the difficulty switch back and forth with my toe as needed. :P However, once it hit stage 6 or so, it pretty much stayed on EASY. On the higher stages, my strategy was to just be as evasive as possible, and when threats appear.. FIRE LIKE CRAZY :lol: then run like hell if you survive. Of course chase after diamonds. Moving diagnolly up/down seems to work for avoiding shots until the higher levels.. I got demolished in level 10. That's about it! :)

post-31-1077951545_thumb.jpg

Funny, looks like I am not the only one who writes down his scores after each wave:

[*] 958

[*]1602

[*]2404

[*]2734

[*]3277

[*]3731

[*]4216

[*]4514

[*]4879

[*]5287

[*]5537

BTW: This was the very first complete game using my new tactics, so I am sure there is still room for more. 6,000 points don't look impossible now.

Thanks much for posting those wave scores, guys!! At first I didn't want to ask for wave scores because I thought I was the only one who had time enough on their hands to do stuff like that :D

Interesting scores too.... I've never tried changing the difficulty setting but I might do that before I hit Wave 8 and see if I can survive it and break the 3,500 wall.

Thanks again!

Mendon

One more down. My hand hurts, and I've definitely put some wear on my joystick. It took me a week to find a working strategy, but I don't play games very much these days. I want to thank all associated with the patch idea. It got me motivated to play a game for an hour straight, something I haven't done in a long time. Plus, I've been so busy collecting over the past couple years, that I hadn't sat down to REALLY play some of the games I was buying. And this one is a blast!

By the way, what is the third (blue) freighter? I get the other three, but this one looks like a phone booth to me.

I think it's time for an update to the Squadron page.

I'm getting very nervous with all these people making the grade

And I haven't got my cart yet (but soon very soon :evil: )

By the way, what is the third (blue) freighter?  I get the other three, but this one looks like a phone booth to me.

Yep. It's a phone box, from Dr. Who.