IGNORED

2003 AtariAge Holiday GreetingCart Contest

Albert

Okay, 2 questions:

1. What's the difference between the green border cart and the red border cart available?

2. What happens if you order a $50 purchase and this cart, but then you win one of the carts in the contest?

1. 50 scanlines.

2. you end up with two carts.

LMAO

1. What's the difference between the green border cart and the red border cart available?

The cart with the green border is the NTSC version. The cart with the red border is the PAL version. :)

2. What happens if you order a $50 purchase and this cart, but then you win one of the carts in the contest?

You end up with two carts. This is the only way you'll be able to get your hands on more than one, at least directly from us. :)

..Al

So how do we know what has already been submitted?

Once Al resizes them and puts them up they will be on the bottom of the official contest page:

2003 AtariAge Holiday GreetingCart Contest

Several entries have been sent in so far, I will start pasting them up on the contest page tomorrow night, and then try to keep up with them once a day. :)

..Al

I sent mine to editor@atariage.com but as the submission page is not already updated you'll have to wait to see it ... :P

It's about [/size]E.T. :D

I enlight my finger using a red laser pencil pointed on it.

The result of a lightening finger looks cool but the photo quality is not good, so I'll make another picture soon :-)

ZylonBane, there was some discussion in this thread:http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=38189

Thanks for the link.

Hrm. So that's the story of how the plan for an innocent holiday commemorative cart transformed into a showpiece for a drunken half-dressed floozy dry-humping a game console.

Lovely. The mass breakdown in common sense that led to this is truly awe-inspring.

ZylonBane, there was some discussion in this thread:http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=38189

Thanks for the link.

Hrm. So that's the story of how the plan for an innocent holiday commemorative cart transformed into a showpiece for a drunken half-dressed floozy dry-humping a game console.

Lovely. The mass breakdown in common sense that led to this is truly awe-inspring.

You're absolutely right. I proposed a graphic featuring Albert astride a 2600, with a "come hither" look about him, but was shouted down. :P

Don't get me wrong-- it's a cool painting. But it looks like something you'd find in the Playboy Holiday Gift Guide. Not something you'd want children or your parents to see.

Good job you weren't around in the 60s. That kind of stuff was advertising pretty much everything targeted at the average male.

See, GreetingCart was brought to you today by the word 'irony'. :D

That art style doesn't look particularly 60s at all. Looks more 40s-50s pinup style. But if you could point me at any online source of 60s mass-market advertising with that degree of skin and straddling, I'd be happy to be educated.

Regardless, little from the 60s should be taken as a baseline for normal human behavior.