IGNORED

2003 AtariAge Holiday GreetingCart Contest

Albert

I've added the latest contest submissions from Clentin C. Martin Jr., CPUWIZ, Steven Lucas, and Weston Hilton. It was brought to my attention that many of the thumbs are quite large in file size--I blame Photoshop for this (seems the OS X version has some annoying bugs, like totally misrepresenting the filesize when saving JPEG images) and will fix them all soon so the page doesn't require a broadband connection to load. :)

..Al

Wow. Really cool to see my entry on the Subissions page along with all the other greats... ain't digital cameras just the cat's whiskers? I take WAY more stupid photos now than ever!

Mine is listed under my actual name - it's the Plaque Attack one with the unhappy face in it. When I asked my dentist to help me out, he relished the opportunity to bust out his cruelest tools. It was pretty... er... off- putting to say the least. Some of those tools were his grandfather's (echoing those Steve Martin scenes in Little Shop of Horrors), and it was a shame that ultimately we could only use two of them in the picture. My original idea was to stuff as many tools as possible into my mouth, but we ran out of hygenist's hands and time pretty quickly. :)

I love this contest! Good luck to everybody!

Submissions must be sent to editor@atariage.com. If you take pictures with a film camera and have no means to scan your photos, they may be mailed to: AtariAge, PO Box 27217, Austin, TX 78755-2217. Submissions mailed in must be postmarked by December 31, 2003, and received no later than January 7, 2003.

So, if there are any of these on the way, it'll probably be announced on the 7th, 8th, or 9th, I'm guessing...If not, it could be sooner! :D

---------

Chase Hermsen

Submissions must be sent to editor@atariage.com. If you take pictures with a film camera and have no means to scan your photos, they may be mailed to: AtariAge, PO Box 27217, Austin, TX 78755-2217. Submissions mailed in must be postmarked by December 31, 2003, and received no later than January 7, 2003.

So, if there are any of these on the way, it'll probably be announced on the 7th, 8th, or 9th, I'm guessing...If not, it could be sooner! :D

Will not be sooner than the 7th for the reason you quoted above, although all the current submissions were sent digitally so I do not expect to receive any photos via snail mail. Next time we run a similar contest, I will only allow digital photos. :)

I do have several entries to post, I will be doing that shortly.

..Al

The winners for the contest will be announced later today (Tuesday).  

..Al

It's officially Wednesday :P :ponder:

Not here, not yet, although I will say I won't have it done in the next 30 minutes. But it will get done before I get to sleep tonight. The two hand-picked entries have already been chosen, just need to pick the remaining five winners (randomly), update the contest page, and post the information here (and maybe some news on the front page). :)

..Al

HolidayCart.jpgWe're pleased to announce that winners have been chosen for the 2003 AtariAge Holiday GreetingCart Contest! Many of you have been patiently waiting for these results, and we've hand-picked two entries that we felt were the most interesting and creative, and then another five random entries from all those sent in. Each winner will receive a limited edition 2003 AtariAge Holiday GreetingCart. The GreetingCart is adorned with a unique, holiday-themed label created by artist Dave Exton, and shows a rendition of the same image when plugged into an Atari 2600, courtesy of Interleaved ChronoColour™ technology. To view the contest winners, please visit the 2003 AtariAge Holiday GreetingCart Contest page. Congratulations to the winners and many thanks to everyone who sent in all the great submissions!

Woohaoo, I won.... That's really GREAT !!! THANKS !!!

I was very Lucky :D

It's the first time I won at an Atariage contest... BIG TIME :D :D :D

I hope it won't be the last time ;)

Well, I have two questions :

1) Is a PAL cart available or all the carts are NTSC (I have a PAL system) ?

2) Where I have to send my postal address for Atariage to send me the cart ?

May I sent it directly to you Albert ?

GREAT CONTEST, AND THANKS AGAIN !!!!

1) Is a PAL cart available or all the carts are NTSC (I have a PAL system) ?

Yes, PAL carts will be sent to anyone who wants one. :)

2) Where I have to send my postal address for Atariage to send me the cart ?  

May I sent it directly to you Albert ?

Yes, you can send it to me at albert@atariage.com. Email will be sent out to all the winners with instructions on how to get their cart.

..Al