IGNORED

Does ANYONE know where I can pick up a Jag CD.

Anthonyjherrera

Telegames has them, $99.99 http://www.telegames.com/jaguar.htm

B&C computervisions has them, $99.99 http://www.myatari.com/index.html

Then you got Video 61 & atari sales, UGH $149.99 http://www.angelfire.com/mn/video61/main.html

there was one more but i forgot which of my many links is on

EDIT -- found it best electronics $75 reconditioned or $99 new

http://www.best-electronics-ca.com/jaguar.htm

[ 02-05-2002: Message edited by: Lemmi ]

Your welcome and good luck with that auction

I dont even own the JagCD, and more then likely wont get one, i remember seeing a JagCD in Babbages or electronics boutique for $69.99, and i was sooo close to buying it back then, but i didnt cause i only seen the same 2 games for it everywhere, plus i was just starting my collection for the 3DO

now im kicking myself in the ass for not getting it back then

yeah, they suck. They raise prices as inventory gets lower. On top of their already ridiculous prices! The only things I ever bought from them were the Jag games that they published, except for worms and Breakout, I want them, but I have a feeling that neither game is as good as the other four they published, so I'm looking for used copies...I won't pay full price on a game that is now 6-7 years old! I can get Worms Armageddon on the Dreamcast for less than ten bucks for goodness sake!!! Plus I've got just about every version of breakout and arkanoid there is between my c-380, 7800(2600 bk), 5200 and 8-bit! So I find it extremely difficult to fork out 60 bucks for the 2K version!! Keep checking E-bay, your bound to come across an auction for some of these games used at some point and get a much better deal.

bought a brand new jag cd unit from best electronics a couple months back. It was perfect like it was made the day before. I definately recommend them for any atari stuff. I have bought a lot of used stuff from them too and it almost always comes looking like it was new, they clean everything and take great care of it and include extras.

Don't get a JagCD unless there's a game you REALLY want to play on it (Battlemorph, VidGrid, Highlander maybe and definitely IS2). Just remember you can get 8-10 cart games for it, and there *are* only 13-15 games out on JagCD, so you'd be better served *right now* by buying more cart games. Of course, you'd lose out on the whole point of ProtSE, but hey

Not a problem for me...my JagCD cost me £90 (about $130) but that was with 6 games (VidGrid, Battlemorph, Highlander, Hoverstrike, Myst [+ demo] and Blue Lightning). Since then I've got Primal Rage, which is definitely worth it, but other than that there aren't that many games to buy a JagCD for. (remember you'll want a memory track too, I got lucky and got one for $10 but your mileage may vary).

And the VLM's pretty too

So...go for it if you have the cash, otherwise (ie if you're short on games) then don't. There's quite a few places with units left if you decide to put it off for a while.

Stone

At this point I currently own a Jag console with 3 controllers (including 1 Pro) and at last count about 40 carts.

I've thought of getting a Jag CD but I'm holding off for a few reasons:

1) reliability. I like good old carts - they're nearly indestructible. You can drop them on the floor, keep them in a box, etc. and they'll last for decades. A CD drive has moving parts that can wear out or break.

2) lack of good games. So far there are only 2 or 3 games I'd be really interested in. Now, that may change with Protector SE - but I'll wait and see what happens. I believe Carl has said P.SE will come with Native and possibly other games on a CD, so it might be worth picking one up in the future.

Nothing lasts for ever - get one while you still can. The JagCD is pretty solidly made, and given you don't smoke (or not near it), don't let pets drool on it etc it'll be fine for a good many years. 2) is more of a real reason, but if you've watched Battlemorph, Vidgrid (one of my personal faves, definitely a 'isn't this cool' to the friends game) and Primal Rage you'd dive at the chance. Personally one of the main reasons I got mine was because I was interested in getting some of the rarer stuff first, then moving on to the commoner things (the correct approach as it turns out...I've only seen 3-4 Rayman copies on eBay since I got mine, ditto for some others).

Still, your choice. But I'd say the (imminent) release of ProtSE is likely to do *something* to the market

Stone

quote:

Originally posted by Stone:

(remember you'll want a memory track too, I got lucky and got one for $10 but your mileage may vary).

Stone

Actually I already got a memory track, I picked one up off of ebay for 3.75 (5.75 including shipping) I might hold off on the Jag CD since I plan on buying a new mac. For cartdridge games I have been saving up pocket change and then get like a new game once a week.

[ 02-06-2002: Message edited by: TheBrassMonkey ]

I've never regretted getting a Jagcd, and I payed the full $150 when it was first released. I personally like every game on it (I have them all except SpaceAce-sofar) except Baldies and that's a good game, just not my cup of tea (my sister LOVES it to death!-but she's a big Simcity and Civilization freek too and this game falls into that catagory as far as I'm concerned).

But several of the games like Battlemorph, Iron Soldier 2 and Highlander(think resident evil/alone in the dark) are some of the best the Jag has to offer (IMHO).

Well, I remember when, in 1996, right after the "fall" of Atari, Jag CD NEW was at US$49.99. Unluckilly, at this time I didn't have credit card...

But, at least, in the 1997 I bought from Tiger Electronics (if I remember...) a new Jaguar for US$45 with: AVP, NBA JAM, Raiden and Club Drive.

I HIGHLY recommend the Jaguar CD!

VLM itself is just great! I always have a CD in there jamming onscreen above my laptop when I'm online (which is quite a bit I tell you!)

Then, Battlemorph, IS2, Blue Lightning, Vid Grid, and the ProtSE are the most excellent reasons to own it!

You should eventually get one Lemmi!

If you dont like it, just sell it to me! I can always use another JagCD so mysetup will consist of 5 Jaguar's and 2 being CD players!

Clint