IGNORED

What Happened To Them?

JagMX

quote:

Originally posted by someguy:

A lot of it is copyright concerns.

For example, if someone were to start manufacturing copies of Brett Hull Hockey, Brett Hull and the NHL might get a bit PO'ed that you are using their names without permission.

SW2K is an Atari property, but there are a lot of question marks as to who may or may not hold copyrights for Atari's various properties.

I guess the folks at myatari.com figured that Atari was no longer around, and Infogrames wouldn't bother suing them.

Who knows, maybe they wrote a letter to Infogrames and asked them if it was okay?

Beacause that is an Atari copywritten game, I think it falls under the "Jaguar realeased inot public domain by Hasbro" catagory...

Yeah, that and besides the fact that B&C did buy off the "remains" of Atari, thus giving them the right to do what they wanted with it? That's the way I would take it!

About that BHH license crap, that shouldn't even be considered as a problem by today.

The game is so old why would anyone give a flying shit!! ;-) lol

I've seen MUCH worse "released" games then BHH for JagCD! (and it's actually playable! on the JagCD)

Man, CONAN! I wanted to get that game soo badly when I seen the previews! The Arcade of Golden Axe is what it reminded me of, Pure FUN!

Clint

• Like 1

What Happened to all those lost games that were partially made. With Spacewar 2000 being found and fixed up a bit and released (in a good quantity) for people to enjoy, what happened to all the other games like Conan, Maxforce, BretHull hockey and so on..If these games were found or someone has them, could they still be made as prototypes and released like SpaceWar2000? Just a thought...

• Like 1

A lot of it is copyright concerns.

For example, if someone were to start manufacturing copies of Brett Hull Hockey, Brett Hull and the NHL might get a bit PO'ed that you are using their names without permission.

SW2K is an Atari property, but there are a lot of question marks as to who may or may not hold copyrights for Atari's various properties.

I guess the folks at myatari.com figured that Atari was no longer around, and Infogrames wouldn't bother suing them.

Who knows, maybe they wrote a letter to Infogrames and asked them if it was okay?

quote:

Originally posted by Clint Thompson:

Yeah, that and besides the fact that B&C did buy off the "remains" of Atari, thus giving them the right to do what they wanted with it? That's the way I would take it!

While B&C may have cleaned out some Atari offices, I don't think that really gives them the right to any Intellectual Property (IP) for the physical items they purchased. It would be akin to them buying out a warehouse of old Atari stock. They can resell that stock, but they don't have the rights to produce new games without permission from the current copyright owners (which happens to be Infogrames).

I don't think anyone has to worry about Infogrames going after anyone selling Jaguar games, though. They're apparently only interested in chasing after people selling unlicensed t-shirts.

..Al

quote:

Originally posted by Gunstar:

Beacause that is an Atari copywritten game, I think it falls under the "Jaguar realeased inot public domain by Hasbro" catagory...

This appears to be a common misconception. All Hasbro did was to remove any restrictions on creating new games for the Jaguar. Anyone can create new games for the Jaguar without worrying about obtaining a license agreement with (at the time) Hasbro. The main restriction being that, "developers should not use the Atari trademark or logo in connection with their games or present the games as authorized or approved by Hasbro Interactive."

You can read the full press release if you'd like.

..Al

BretHull hockey and other lost games, I was thinking if someone hacked it (just like whats going on with the 2600 roms) it removed all the names and replace them with others names that have noththing to do with NHL rename BretHull hockey to Hockey 64 or something. the NHL might not bother with the game!