IGNORED

Stan Awards Player's Choice Awards Voting.

StanJr

UPDATE!

The votes are pouring in!  I have several contenders that are really battling it out for dominance!  Keep those votes coming and thanks to those that have voted!

To answer a FAQ, yes you CAN vote for your own project/product!  There is no shame in it! :)  :)  :)

In an attempt to improve my chances, please lump any/all votes for Interleaved ChronoColour and VCSVideo and the mario demos and full-screen bitmaps into the one basket. They're essentially the same technology: Full-Colour Graphics for '2600. SHould I start working on my speech now....?

SHould I start working on my speech now....?

Yes, it is wise to practice your concession speech in advance. ;) :P :P

Kepone, this award is NOT just for Hacks and Homebrews, its for ANYTHING Atari related released this past year. Surely there is something new that has caught your eye?

"The Player's Choice Award is your chance to vote for ANYTHING Atari over the past year that you feel deserves supreme recognition. This can be ANYTHING Atari related."

Hey all,

This is a plug for "2600 Programming for Newbies" by Andrew Davie. Thanks to Andrew, we all have a shot at joining the ranks of the fantastically wealthy 2600-programming elite!

You can play with hardware, can't you? ;)
I'm not sure what you mean by this? :?

:idea: Players Award :)

Oh! I understand now. Yeah, you certainly can play with hardware. It's just that very few people will have a chance to play with a hardware device compared with software in an emulator. So I'm doubtful that a hardware can win a Players' Choice Award, simply due to lack of exposure. That's what I meant when I said "it's the only way". There's no hardware category, so I had to enter the at-large Players' Choice category.

-Chris

Wow, the voting is really heating up! Keep those votes coming! We have some really tight races going on between some really great Atari projects!

REMINDER! Voting ends 12AM Thursday Jan.1 Tell a friend! Make sure YOUR voice is heard!

And big thanks to the millions who have already cast their vote. This is YOUR award, and only YOU can make it possible! (and I'm having a lot of fun tabulating all the votes!! :) :) :) :) )

Thanks!

Stan :) :) :) :)

Sorry people, with holidays, the voting, and everything else putting such a list together has been impossible.

You can check the Hack forum for my complete 2003 Hack List of eligible games.

The only two 2600 HB to vote for are Backfire and Starfire

Among other things off the top of my head:

Castle Crisis

Atari Max Flashcarts

Painter (Jag)

Redemption Controller Adapters

Any of the various mini-games from the Mini-game contest

The Interleaved ChronoColour Technology

Cyber Tech Video Card (8-bit)

I'm sure there is more. But Thomas, the idea of this award is to vote for the thing that impressed YOU the most this past year. Something like that should stick in your brain! :D :D :D :D ;)

Keep those votes coming people! There is no clear winner yet! :)

I'm sure there is more.  But Thomas, the idea of this award is to vote for the thing that impressed YOU the most this past year.  Something like that should stick in your brain! :D  :D  :D  :D  ;)

I know, but there where too many things I was involved, and I don't want to vote for that. :)

Yeah, that and several other prototype releases.: 3D Rubik's Cube, Funky Fish, Pleadies, Cat Trax, Alligator People, Labrynth, that weird puzzle game Tempest found....

See, the list goes on and on...

And I don't think its bad conduct to vote for your own project, not if you believe in it. But I understand your thinking. Just don't wait too long Thomas, votes are due by 12am Thursday EST. :)

Yeah, that and several other prototype releases.:  3D Rubik's Cube, Funky Fish, Pleadies, Cat Trax, Alligator People, Labrynth, that weird puzzle game Tempest found....

See, the list goes on and on...

And I don't think its bad conduct to vote for your own project, not if you believe in it.  But I understand your thinking.  Just don't wait too long Thomas, votes are due by 12am Thursday EST. :)

I voted for my hack, because to quote Chevy chase "hehehe I Like it"

but really I did notice that some people liked it as well when it was first done.

and I think it deserves a chance.

Dan Iacovelli

Time grows short and the races are getting tight. At this point it looks like I may have to exercise MY tie breaking vote!

This has been a pretty cool experience. I hope everyone who cares has had as much fun as I have.

The deadline is 12am EST, Thursday Morning when the big ball drops in NYC and Dick Clark cheats death another year!

So get those votes in FAST. Tell a friend. :) :) :)

Thanks

Stan

Ummm.... Maybe it's a stupid thing to say/ask but, why not extend the award to other classic platforms, like the ColecoVision and Intellivision?

I asked that question at the announcement of the awards. If this was extended to other platforms you could rest assured that SIC had my vote :!:

Being as this is AtariAge I think the awards were limited to Atari consoles only.

And so it ends. I would like to thank EVERYONE who participated and voted in the first Stan's Player's Choice Award! You would not believe how close the race was! Pretty cool. I had a lot of fun, I hope you did too and I hope this award becomes a permanent fixture of the Stan Awards of the future!

So who won? Ah-ah-ah! Not so hasty Master Meriadoc! (I know, I'm a collosal dork) The Awards will not be announced until later this month! So keep watching for more updates on the 2003 Second Annual Stan Atari Excellence Awards!!

Thanks!

Stan