IGNORED

Phase Zero carts?

Stone

Anyone interested, mail me...I might be able to do a small production run if enough are interested.

Price...well, dunno. Probably around $60-70 each...not cheap, but hey, there's enough fanatics out there to cover my costs - aren't there? BTW, that would be making me about $5 on each one. Not exactly worthwhile, but then I'm a helpful, community-minded sorta guy

C'mon, prove me right

Stone

Well, I'm certainly pleased to see someone else out there is discovering how cheap and easy it is to produce cartridges for the Atari Jaguar!!!!

I assume this is without a printed box, manual, label, and the rest of the usual packaging, correct?

Keep this in mind he next time you think that new Jag games are very expensive...

I never said they were expensive for what they were, just too expensive for me

Everything's cheaper if you buy in bulk (ok, almost everything) and buying 3 of something (number of interested parties so far) is obviously going to be way more expensive per unit than buying a couple hundred of them. (How many carts were in that display with the Jaguar you did anyway?)

Still working on getting my EPROM burner, among other assorted helpful schemes (exporting Lynxes, SCART cables etc) so this won't be happening for a little bit anyway.

As for your first comment, it's definitely easy but I never said it was cheap

Stone

Well, you can call me lucky then. It's not exactly the same releasing a full-blown game (with which you obviously care about providing what I'd see as relative luxuries - box, manual etc) given that proto carts are just that; carts. I could mock up a box image and get a couple printed through friends of mine, but obviously there's little point if there's only going to be 4 or so people interested. As for plastic, well, if I can fit a cart in a shell with the PROMs attached I can always rip up some Cybermorphs. Otherwise, who's bothered?

Personally I think it's noble of you to even attempt to supply the associated gubbins that came with the original games, but I'm not planning on wasting my time with it in these quantities.

As for 'bulk', well, my chip sources give standard electronics discounts - 1+ = $x, 5+ = $(x-y), 10+ = $(x-(2y)) etc etc. Obviously 27C160s aren't the most common of chips (you'd be damn lucky to get deals like that) but I'm not tied to a particular chip type (pretty much just size) so I have some flexibility.

Using PROMs helps too; I wondered whether there was a 27C160 equivalent that was OTP but it's probably even more costly, knowing your luck. Well, have fun with the suppliers anyway, give them a good slapping from me if you get the chance

Stone

Cheers for that sg

Well, looks like a few people are interested; I'll see what I can do. There'll be a small delay while I get my shiznit wired (new MP3 player took a fair bit of the $$$) then I'll see what i can do.

As for shells, I don't know if the carts will fit into a standard cart case, since I'll almost certainly be putting sockets on them (to prevent me frying the chips as I solder them in). Look on the bright side; you can't erase the chips with static and you'll be able to buy chipsets of other unreleased stuff (assuming they're ever released, lol). There's not much point in me putting a case on them if I'm going to have to cut most of the front of it off anyway.

Walter: yes, it'd be a cart PCB with 4 chips on it. No case planned, no label either (unless you want me to hand-write PZ on it )

Actually, if I use my own design of cart it has a big fuji silkscreened on it, so it'd look cool enough anyway.

Watch this space.

Stone