IGNORED

WOW I love this trade I did!

VidGameKing

ok, I traded my 5200 for a Jag, it came with six games, and the guy said that he would send me one more game when the package got there. He got it and was so happy with it that he's sipping me six more games! Is that cool or what!

Just a little side note, I traded with a fellow Atari Age member, "Adrian M" He is so cool, when he went to ship my package he found out that it would only cost a few bucks more to ship it faster, so he did! It got to me in two days! Thank you so much Adrian! I'm loving it all the time, I have to un-glue myself from it to go to the computer! In-fact I'm gonna go play some more right now!

I'm so glad that you're happy with the trade. I've been extremely pleased with the 5200 and all the extra stuff you included, so it appears that we both got more than we thought.

I could easily have sold my Jag and bought a 5200 on ebay, but I figured a trade with a fellow Atariage member would be better. The money aspect of buying and selling are by no means the first priority. I'm glad I decided to go the trade route. I had my doubts at first, but I wouldn't hesitate trading again thanks to my overall good experience.

If anyone out there is still apprehensive about trading with fellow Atariage members, don't be. Make sure you work out all the details PRIOR to the dealing and everything should be OK. I recommend shipping tracking #'s and insurance.

defenetly work out all the details other-wise you might not get exactly what you want.

When it comes to all of this classic gamming stuff (I use that in the most loosest of terms) Us gammers can't realy be out to earn a buck with this stuff, because as it gets older it will become more expensive. and less people will be able to afford it. Plus the number of really younger classic gammers is increasing. Demand is high, surplus is low. It's basicly a matter of sharing. That means that all you people out there with 50 of the same consoles just for the heck of it, you got to give! In speaking of this, I would like to let everyone know how proud I am of all the people who have been supporting "Atari-Jess" Sounds to me like he is an exelent Atarian and deserves the support. I'm proud to be a member, of this wonderfull community. I'm glad I found it first before I found JI2.

Now that I'm done with that, Have I ever told you how cool the Jaguar is?......

The game I got initaly with the trade are:

Tempest 2000

Hoverstrike

Radien

Power Drive Rally

Iron Sioldier

Kasami Ninja

then after he got his package, he sent me:

Theme Park

Val d'Isere Skiing and Snowboarding

Super Burnout

Cannon Fodder

Flip Out!

Syndicate

is that cool or what? I also go two other games from a friend, Zool 2, and Checkard Flag. Zool two I paid five bucks for, and Checkard flag he gave to me for free because he hated it.

quote:

Originally posted by Ethan C. Nobles:

Blast. I should have held on to my Jag for a bit and traded it at this board, then. Blast. Blast.

You shouldn't have gotten rid of it at all. You must have managed to pick out some of the worst games to want to get rid of it...

Are there any websites like Game Trading Zone http://www.GameTZ.com where people can go to trade games? I just found that website yesterday, but I'm afraid the games I want aren't easily found second hand and if I buy the games from Teleagames outright, I'm not going to want much of anything for trades. I'm afraid I'm nearing the end of my collection at lightning speed. Soon, I'll only have new releases to look forward to. Good thing it sounds like there will be some.

If you look at the "Atari Jaguar Auctions" post, those games I have listed there can be had for trades. I've always been willing to hear trade proposals for something of equal value.

The kicker is...

MY WANT LIST

looks like this:

Atari Karts

BattleSphere (2nd for network)

Breakout 2000

Iron Soldier 2 (CD or Cart)

Space War 2000 (not that interested)

Towers II

World Tour Racing for Jaguar CD

Atari 7800 large box for Kung-fu Master (The size of most ABSOLUTE game boxes. Possibly PAL?)

An Atari XE Light Gun

Any Atari 2600 Boxed Games that I don't have, with Instructions and an excellent label.

yeah, i found some interesting people through gametz.

i think rick and i met there, as well as ian.

last month i met another very nice guy. he was able to provide me 10 different atari 2-sided posters for just 50$. all like new. being in germany (therefore having no chance to find these over here) i think that's a very good price, although first i was just a little shocked when i saw the 79-cents-tab on one of the posters. but that was back then .....

atari used to sell bmx airmaster for 9$ in '91, that doesn't help either nowadays when you want a boxed one

Atari 7800 large box for Kung-fu Master (The size of most ABSOLUTE game boxes. Possibly PAL?)  

This is kind of off topic for the Jag board but, I don't think the 7800 Kung Fu Master was ever released in the large box style. I have both the NTSC and PAL version and they are both the standard size box versions.

Mitch

http://atari7800.atari.org

Well, since the 7800 Kung-Fu Master Large Box is on my wanted list, let's call it "on topic" for clarification purposes.

I have a pretty extensive Atari 7800 NTSC library of games. With the exception of prototype games, I bet I have a box for every 7800 game that came with one. I also have a manual with a black cover that has white lettering for 7800 Kung-Fu Master which is LARGER than the sealed box I have. So, logically speaking, there just had to be a larger box style than the box I own to go with the larger-than-box style 7800 manual. I pretty much had the 7800 collection I have now before I got into the Jaguar so, this manual's box has to be pretty rare or I think I would've come across it by now. That's why it's on my want list.

[ 02-13-2002: Message edited by: MegaData ]

quote:

Originally posted by Ethan C. Nobles:

Heh! Not a topic you want to get me rolling on, believe me. All I'll say is that I'll stick with my trusty 2600, 7800, Lynx II and maybe pick up a 5200 in the future. Just didn't care much for the Jag, is all.

So...uhh, why even bother posting in the Jaguar section? If i didn't care for a console (and there are a few), I certainly wouldn't be hanging out/posting on a board that supports it (never have)...

There must be some interest there if your bothering...

On another note, that's too bad you didn't like it, but I can't help but to think that you had a lot of really terrible games for it (not that there are a LOT of really terrible games for it overall), because there are certainly a LOT of good games too. Anyone I've ever known that has at least come into contact with the better games likes the Jag. Well, I don't care for Nintendo consoles and never plan on owning one even though there are some good games for it, so I guess you can feel the same about the Jaguar. It's just that I've played good games on Nintendo systems and I do think they were good games, if not enough to warrant a purchase, so, there must have been at least Some Jag games you liked...unless you really did manage to get all the dogs in the library...I guess I just find it hard to believe someone can not like the Jag with so many really cool games on it...especially when the person is obviosly a fan of Atari and other Atari systems...it's going to keep me up nights thinking that an Atari fan like you is out there that hates the Jaguar when it's my favorite system of them all...

Yeah, the Jaguar is a good console but by no means is it great. Dont get me rong, I love my jag, but, one thing the jag is lacking is variety in genre it seems like every other game is a space combat game (well the good ones) and crappy 16-bit ports. I dont see how you could of skipped the SNES, it had some of the BEST games ever made for any console and in this coming june I wouldnt doubt that the gamecube will do the same thing with games like Eternal Darkness, Pikmin (which is already out), Smash Bros. Melee (which is also already out), Metroid Prime, Animal Forest +, and Star Fox Adventures. The gamecubes Q1 and Q2 line up is better then the jags whole library. As much as you atarians (I'm no atarian I just happen to love the Jag )hate to admit it Nintendo is the best in the business, no one makes better games then they do, you can call there games kiddy, I'll just laugh at you and call there games fun and tell you your missing out. Gunstar you should really quit the close mindedness and give the Cube a chance, hell, you should go by a SNES and pick up all the great games you missed out on.

Well, since the 7800 Kung-Fu Master Large Box is on my wanted list, let's call it "on topic" for clarification purposes.  

Sounds good to me.

I also have a manual with a black cover that has white lettering for 7800 Kung-Fu Master which is LARGER than the sealed box I have. So, logically speaking, there just had to be a larger box style than the box I own to go with the larger-than-box style 7800 manual.  

Yep, I have one of those oversized manuals, too. I got it out of my shrinkwrapped standard size box for the 7800 Kung Fu Master. The top of the manual was curled down to fit it in the box. Of course, I could be wrong, but I really don't think that there was a larger sized box for 7800 Kung Fu Master.

Maybe I should start a topic over on the 7800 board to see if any one has one.

Mitch

http://atari7800.atari.org

quote:

Originally posted by TheBrassMonkey:

Yeah, the Jaguar is a good console but by no means is it great. Dont get me rong, I love my jag, but, one thing the jag is lacking is variety in genre it seems like every other game is a space combat game (well the good ones) and crappy 16-bit ports. I dont see how you could of skipped the SNES, it had some of the BEST games ever made for any console and in this coming june I wouldnt doubt that the gamecube will do the same thing with games like Eternal Darkness, Pikmin (which is already out), Smash Bros. Melee (which is also already out), Metroid Prime, Animal Forest +, and Star Fox Adventures. The gamecubes Q1 and Q2 line up is better then the jags whole library. As much as you atarians (I'm no atarian I just happen to love the Jag )hate to admit it Nintendo is the best in the business, no one makes better games then they do, you can call there games kiddy, I'll just laugh at you and call there games fun and tell you your missing out. Gunstar you should really quit the close mindedness and give the Cube a chance, hell, you should go by a SNES and pick up all the great games you missed out on.

I didn't miss out on the SNES or any other Nintendo console, except the Lamecube so far, I have tons of friends that had all the bigN systems and played them with my friends. But since I like to have something different than everybody-and-their-brother, I stuck with Atari through the years. I have also owned Sega machines, so I wasn't "Atari only," I just prefer them to the others. To me, the Jag actually only has about half a dozen crappy games, the rest are great! So what if some are 16-bit ports, they were as good or better than the 16-bit versions...you seem to play the 16-bit games on your SNES, etc., Why are they suddenly "bad" games, just because they were ported to the Jaguar? Flashback and Pitfall are two examples of CLASSIC, top-rated games for the Genesis and SNES, and they have small improvements on the Jag versions, but then they suddenly "suck" because they are too 16-bit? You guys are the ones that are close-minded, not I.

ok, Look, we're supposed to be talking about the cool trade I did! but since it has gotten off topic, I have made the big decision to go out and buy alot more consoles. these are the ones I'm gonna go get:

XBox

GameCube

PlayStation2 (I would spned the money for a PSone but why?)

N64

DreamCast

Saturn

Panasonic 3DO

and one of those fancey nuon DVD players.

It'll be the last of my savings account but I also plan on getting 20 or more gams fo each as I buy the systems. I'll also buy some PSone games too.

You know what I just learned today? the Dreamcast has a modified version of Windows CE as the main OS!!! thats why it can do Emulate so meny things! it's got a PC OS at heart!!!!!

I have (well, my brother) the XBOX and Halo and it's definately awsome! Don't have any of the others. I've played DOA3 and can't see a whole lot of difference between it and the DC's DOA2...some more details, but the characters and animation look identical to me...Blood Wake is really cool if you like shooters. Project Gotham is really good, but again, I have the original on the DC; Metropolis Street Racer and they look and play alike except more a few more polygons in the car models and better reflection mapping on the XBOX version. NFL Fefever is really good, but I still like to play the DC's NFL 2k2; yes the Fever game looks a better, but not by a lot. Obiwan is definately just a PS2 port. Same with SW:StarFighter. Max Payne really rocks. So over all, I've been impressed with most of the Xbox games, but some are no better than the earlier "next gen" systems...on that note, I have:

Xbox

Dreamcast

Jaguar/CD

3DO

Playstation

Saturn

Atari XE

Commodore 64

7800 (2600)

Lynx

and an Atari PONG and C-380 Videopinball.

The Jaguar and Dreamcast get played the most (by me) and the PSX the least. The rest are about average use.

I plan on getting:

Colecovision (used to own one)

Vectrex

Trubografix16/turboduo/cd

Genesis/Segacd/32x (used to own one-genesis only)

Sega Master System

Yes, no Nintendo, but only because I can go to any numbe of friend's houses or family and play any of them except the Gamecube (just because no one owns one yet). Maybe someday...