IGNORED

Jaguar VS, well everyone!

Atari-Jess

hey all, I am in desire of a chart. what type of chart? well a chart that compares as many systems as possible to the jaguar, and I mean as many systems as possible.

yuno like the ones in the jag catalogues that compare the systems of the day?

i want a huge GIANT chart of that!

if someone could find me/make one for me I would be greatfull.

There actually is one someplace, but I forget where...I'll have to check it out. I do remember that it included all the systems from 16-bit through 64-bit, and it may have also had the DC and PS2 on it...the chart was before the Lamecube and EX-BOX came out though...I also know it was on a Jaguar fan site...

as far as pushing polygons, the Jaguar and 3DO's "theoretical" limit was about 500,000. The Saturn and Playstation were about 750,000

The N64 was about 1,000,000. The DreamCast was about 3,000,000. Of course to put these numbers into any practical terms, like in an actual program where other stuff is going on like sound, A.I., etc., Then divide those numbers by TEN and you'll have just about how many polygons they can push under normal, real-world conditions...

[ 02-13-2002: Message edited by: Gunstar ]

quote:

Originally posted by Albert:

Is
the page you were looking for? It compares the Jaguar against the 3DO, Playstation, Saturn, Nintendo 64, Neo Geo, Super Nintendo Genesis and 32X.

..Al

That's one I've seen before, but there was another, better one that got a lot more specific on the technical power specs, like actually showing "theoretical" polygon potential side-by-side, as well as other side-by-side, SPECIFIC, comparisons. I don't think that polygon number slapped on the PSX is right either...I remember a higher number closer to half a million or more...The Jaguar's is 500,000; and we all know the PSX can throw around more polygons, at least with texture mapping. Without textures, I think they are pretty close (Jag,3DO,PSX and Saturn). That chart just shows a bunch of chips, etc., but doesn't really say how they compare to each other...Like, what's with the "jaguar has no specific cpu," comment, which is true, but then they go and throw up all the chips in the Saturn for example, and as far as I know, it doesn't really have a specific CPU either...just put all the chips, functions and speeds up there! At least then someone could actually make heads or tails of it all...

quote:

Originally posted by Gunstar:

That's one I've seen before, but there was another, better one that got a lot more specific on the technical power specs, like actually showing "theoretical" polygon potential side-by-side, as well as other side-by-side, SPECIFIC, comparisons.

Hmmmm, I think I've seen a more comprehensive chart somewhere, but my brief fling with Google didn't flesh it out. I'll have to spend more time searching for it if no one else can come up with it.

..Al