IGNORED

The Jaguar Rules the Jungle!!!

Gunstar

Hve you guys noticed the amount of posts on ANY of the systems? The Jaguar is the newest addition to AtariAge, only being here a few months at best, but it has already surpassed every other board except the 2600 in amount of posts!!! It's number 3 OVERALL (if you include all the boards&topics at AtariAge)!!! Just think how it will have skyrocketed in another year! From being only the 2600connection to nearly toppling JI2 as the best Jaguar discussion board, plus a LOT more, you've come a long way baby...err...AtariAge!

Yeah, its nice to see that an Atari site doesn't just attract interest on the original consoles like the 2600,5200 but also lots of discussion about the latter day pretend fake atari consoles(just kidding just kidding )

quote:

Just think how it will have skyrocketed in another year! From being only the 2600connection to nearly toppling JI2 as the best Jaguar discussion board, plus a LOT more, you've come a long way baby...err...AtariAge!

In My opinion Atari Age has already gone way past the JI2 as far as quality of layout as well as sensible discussion. There is a reason why I've made this page the first stop during each day's dose of surfing. You guys rule.

quote:

Originally posted by liveinabin:

Yeah, its nice to see that an Atari site doesn't just attract interest on the original consoles like the 2600,5200 but also lots of discussion about the latter day pretend fake atari consoles(just kidding just kidding )

I know you were just kidding, but as far as I'm concerned any given system's quality of design (how good&powerful it is, special features) comes down to the engineer's who designed them, and in many cases it's contracted out, like the Jaguar, Amiga, or N64. Not who owned the company that produced and slapped their name's on it. Just like any other artist/publisher relationship. This is true of software too. So if you were going to be truely loyal to the Enginears, That would have worked with the 2600 and 800/XL/XE line and the 5200 in that regard, you then would have graduated too a Commodore Amiga from the Atari's as the enginears were the same. In a sense, the Atari ST line is related to the Commodore 64 too, but in that case it would have been following the owners, I'm not sure about the engineers. I'm loyal to Atari because no matter who the engineers or owners have been, too me, they've been a company that consistantly produced hardware&software that I loved. In looking back, I still feel I made the right choices as I have since aquired products from Commodore, Sega, 3DO, and Sony, and still feel that if there was a comparible Atari equivelent, the Atari was the better overall machine. Too me.

ATARIAGE ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've made it my home page on my browser. it's one of the only site I go to. because it has every thing I want. A comunity of people, history, News, hardware details. the only time I'd leave ATARIAGe is when I'm lookin to buy somthing new, like from ebay or somthing.