IGNORED

PDP Spacewar Hack!

Rob Mitchell

Bumpo....any progress? I'd kill to do some Spacewar as it should be.

The only thing that needs to be done is when the two ships collide without shooting eachother, they explode and are reset to starting positions without incrementing the score. I think the gravity could be increased slightly too.

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

The only thing that needs to be done is when the two ships collide without shooting eachother, they explode and are reset to starting positions without incrementing the score.  I think the gravity could be increased slightly too.

I know, it's not too much that's missing. Cross your fingers, maybe I can finish it this weekend.

BTW: Now that Infogrames is around, there will probably no chance for a cart of this ever. :(

The only thing that needs to be done is when the two ships collide without shooting eachother, they explode and are reset to starting positions without incrementing the score.  I think the gravity could be increased slightly too.

I know, it's not too much that's missing. Cross your fingers, maybe I can finish it this weekend.

BTW: Now that Infogrames is around, there will probably no chance for a cart of this ever. :(

Spacewar, being a the original shareware game, may be immune.

I have a cuttle cart so it doesn't matter to me :P

I hopefully will be getting my new mac in a week or so, and as soon as I get it I will work on a spacewar pdp label.  I'm really into 60's design (as well as 50's).  I will take a look and see if I have that font and start work on a label asap.

Hey squirrel! Go for it!

Space Wars is Atari's code.

Done! :)  All that's left is some fine tuning of the gravity and speeds.

He did it folks! Collision detection between the ships now results in explosions of both and resets them to their starting positions without incrementing either score! THe final hack will be worthy of the name PDP Spacewar!

Thomas is doing some fantastic hacking and getting close to the release candidate of PDP Spacewar!

The two difficulty switches allow for selecting gravity (heavy vs light) and shot speed (fast vs slow).

Final binary will be posted soon and everyone will be able to play Spacewar as it was played in the 1960s!! :D

Now what is needed is a nice label!

Hi there!

Space Wars is Atari's code.

I wouldn't be too sure on this. TJ might as well have written it from scratch :wink:

Greetings,

Manuel

All depends on how much had been altered. If most of it had been, it would fall under the "fair use" guidelines (tho I'm not too sure on where those lines are).