IGNORED

New Jaguar owner needs help with hooking up Jaguar to TV

AtariDude

Hi everyone.

I am hoping that someone can help me. I just got my new Atari Jaguar today and I was trying to hook it up to my TV. I got the set with the composite video cables that has 3 connectors colored yellow, white, and red. I have a TV that has in front of it 2 plugs for audio (white) and video (yellow). I thought I only need to hook up the corresponding cables to the plugs and then hook it to the Jaguar.

When I turn on my TV, there is power to the Jaguar since the light comes on but there is no video coming up on my TV. Do I need to hook up the red cable at all or does the fact that I don't have a plug for the red cable mean that I have to get a TV/Switch book for the Jaguar?

I hope that someone can help me as I was looking forward to playing them today but it does not seem to be working with my TV.

I have the 3 colored hook up holes on my TV, and for most of my systems i only use the yellow and red cables to hook up and run my systems

my 3DO has just the Red and yellow wires

my Genesis with the 32X hook up only has the red and yellow hook ups

and just to check did you switch the mode of the TV to another one?

like the TV/Video buttons

just asking cause i kept forgetting about that part when i first tried hooking up my stuff that way

FYI, on a composite linkup the colours are standardised.

Yellow = Video

Red = Audio Left

White = Audio Right

I think the audio channels are the right way around, but connect white to white and red to red and it'll work. Red is used for a mono connection (like your TV appears to have).

Enjoy the Jag!

Stone

Ataridude: Welcome to the elite membership of Club Jag. You'll never look back. When you start talking video games with your co-workers and mention that you have a Jag, most will give you blank stares. Thats ok, It means you are better than them, you can just give them the "you've never heard of the Jag? My god I feel sorry for you!" look.

A co-worker came by my place about a year ago to pick up a DCast cable, he knew what a Jag was because I told him all about it. He'd never seen one before this. He took one look at the Jag/CD/Controller setup and said:

"That is the coolest looking game system I've ever seen!"

He was in a hurry so he never even saw a game on it. If he had, I'm sure We'd (note the Royal 'We') have another convert/ member of club Jag!

enjoy!

Markimus of K.

Thanks for the welcome. I have only 6 games so far that came with the system. These are the 6 games:

Tempest 2000

Wolfenstein 3d

Doom

Bubsy

Cybermorph

Syndicate

Besides Aliens vs. Predator, what other games should I try to obtain?

Tempest 2000 gives me the most trouble. I've cleaned it and the swab no longer comes off dirty. I've found though that if I leave the game in the system it will always come on. Since it's my favorite game (possibly) of all time. I just leave it in.