IGNORED

My Jaguar Memories...ARE BACK!

AKIRA

When Jaguar first came out,my Brother and I went to the mall down here and bought a "Jaguar Super Package!" that we saw in the paper for $50 all new for $49.95.It Included 5 games,2 controllers,and the with-system game CyberMorph.well,we played it for about 2 years then he took a trip to Califrnia for about a month and just lost interest in it and he made a special metal briefcase insolated inside for the Jaguar console only.So he put that and the box full of every thing else in the Closet in the attic which is always nice and cool.Today,i was at Walmart and i actually tripped on the wheel of a basket and as the woman helped me up,i saw an old magazine under the game isle.I got up and waited till the area cleared then looked under the rack and some reason pulled the dusty magazine out and saw the picture of a Jaguar and Jag.CD on the front.I then put it back under the shelf and remembered the fond memories of Jaguar...So i rushed out the store,took the short way home,and went up in the attic and it was PERFECT,just like i put it up the,it looks new again.I plugged in up,cleaned every part of it,every game,every accesory,EVERYTHING!!!i plugged it up just for a test play and some of the games were needing a little more of a cleaning so i moved the game in and out of the console a few time and they all worked fine...so im back into Jaguar!!!!!!!!so i need some info now,i have Cybermorph,Bubsy,UltraVortek,Supercross,and Pitfall...what to get next?!?!iwas thinkin mabey Iron Soldier or Alien VS Predator but i dont know,what do you think?And if the game you suggest is multiplayer,please tell me it is and how many players.

PS:im gonna get a Jaguar CD in a couple of weeks or a month,what is the best place to get one?And sorry for this being sooooo long...and also hi,im new!

quote:

Originally posted by Atari Master:

I wish I had a Jag.I here Tepest is ausome!

Welcome to AtariAge!

If you want to check out Tempest 2000 and don't have a Jag, it's available for the Saturn as 'Tempest 2000' or for the PSX as 'Tempest X'. I have the Jag and PSX versions, so I figured I won't bother picking it up for the Saturn, but probably should.

Either way, bottom line is: Play This Game! It is probably my favourite game of all time and that is saying a lot. The next thing I need to do is find one of those modified Jag controllers with the rotary knob to truly be in heaven. Anybody have any leads on one?

As always,

Markimus of Tempest

Well, judging from what you have already, your in for some BIG suprises, most of the games you listed that you have are pretty average games. You haven't even seen a "killer-app" for the system yet...AvP, Doom, Tempest 2000, Missle command 3D, Iron Soldier, Iron Soldier 2, Skyhammer, Battlemorph (sequal to cybermorph and 10x better), Battlesphere, SpaceWar 2000 the unfinished works, Super Burnout, Power DRive Rally, Rayman...the list goes on...Stay away from Double dragon V, checkered flag, club drive, SuperCross 3D and one or two others, the rest are average to good.

i think $6 is a good deal! i also wanted to know what one of these i should get...AvP,Missile Command 3D,Iron Soldier,or Tempest 2000 and with your selection,please tell me the best place to get that game...ive decided to get my new Jaguar CD from http://www.best-electronics-ca.com for $99,i think its the best place for it...isnt it?!

For 30 dollars more ($129.95) at Telegames you can get the complete cd system, as originally packaged with Blue Lightning, Vid Grid, Myst demo and T2K soundtrack, AND your choice of Iron Soldier 2 (Get this one!) or World Tour Racing cd games. A very good deal too, compared to Best Electronics.Telegames-Jaguar cd

[ 04-25-2002: Message edited by: Gunstar ]

quote:

Originally posted by AKIRA:

WAIT!do i also have to get the Memory Track for the Jaguar CD?!

You will want to get one, pretty much all the games use it, except for World Tour Racing and the Readysoft interactive movies (Braindead 13 has a save option, but I've never gotten it to work). IS2 has 20 levels, averaging 20-30 min. a level if you survive. Blue Lightning has a bunch of missions and tours, it will need the memory track too. But, that doesn't mean you can't have fun playing the games until you get it. There is now another option available also if you don't want to spend about $30 on a memory track alone; Songbird's new Protector: Special Edition game that is now available for order has memory for CD saves on it among other things...lots of other things. That's only about $80 with shipping, but also comes with the Native demo cd. Of course Battlesphere Gold has something similiar, but it's already back-ordered, and cost's twice as much.

[ 04-25-2002: Message edited by: Gunstar ]

quote:

Originally posted by Gunstar:

...(Braindead 13 has a save option, but I've never gotten it to work).

Ah Gunstar! I wish you wrote this thing about 1 year ago. I played B13 all night long at that time, saving continously, and checking if the saved game was ok (the first minutes I just ended the game and then started again, resuming perfectly); at 5am I turned everything off. When I switched it on again I found the surprise. I realised that the saved game could resume without turning the Jag off.

Since then I use the "guide" to reach the last successfull point, and then play. It's just like a "manual save" option

Paolo

quote:

Originally posted by Paolo:

Ah Gunstar! I wish you wrote this thing about 1 year ago. I played B13 all night long at that time, saving continously, and checking if the saved game was ok (the first minutes I just ended the game and then started again, resuming perfectly); at 5am I turned everything off. When I switched it on again I found the surprise. I realised that the saved game could resume without turning the Jag off.

Since then I use the "guide" to reach the last successfull point, and then play. It's just like a "manual save" option

Paolo

Actually, I have mentioned this in the past, on several occasions when the topic has come up, and I also mentioned it in an e-mail to the guy I sold it to who I believe was you IIRK. didn't you buy BS and BD13 off of me?

No, Gunstar. I don't have BS, but I bought BS:g from Doug.

And I bought BD13 from VGLQ (or Flashback, or konsolen.de, I can't remember).

So, there is another Paolo, eh?

Who is him? Is he italian or spanish or what?

Let me know!

Paolo

Some common, CHEAP games that I recommend for Jaguar are:

- Iron Solder (a Mechwarrior type game).

- Tempest 2000 (spacey 3D shooter)

- Val d'Isere Skiing & Snowboarding

- Super Burnout (motorcycle racing)

These games are very common and can be bought from www.goatstore.com or ebay for $10-$15 a piece.

They are also very good, fun games to play.

quote:

Originally posted by Paolo:

No, Gunstar. I don't have BS, but I bought BS:g from Doug.

And I bought BD13 from VGLQ (or Flashback, or konsolen.de, I can't remember).

So, there is another Paolo, eh?

Who is him? Is he italian or spanish or what?

Let me know!

Paolo

He's Italian, owns a video game shop, from what I gather, somewhere in Italy, but I've forgotten where...He bought my second copy of BS and BD13 off of me about a year and a half ago, as he was dying for a copy of both and wan't about to wait and see if ScatoLOGIC ever released any more BS carts. (I actually tried to talk him out of it, as they did have a secret auction going on at the time, but he wanted nothing to do with it, so, feeling guilty about owning two, when others didn't have even one, and needing some cash at the tome too, I sold him both BS and BD13 for $300, obviously only about ten dollars was for BD13.) I've never heard from him again, but a german or Swede told me that they had been to his shop, and that BS was indeed running on a Jaguar KIOSK, showing it off to the cliental. So all in all, I think it worked out for the best, but now I need to get a second copy again for networking and hopefully it will be BSG!