IGNORED

Tempest 2000

AKIRA

It depends on what type of store your going to walk into to...if your talking about Walmart or even an Electronics Boutique, of course your not going to find anything. But, if your talking about a mom&pop dealership or a discount video game chain like Gamestop or Funcoland or someplace that deals in used and /or "classic" systems, then you have a very good chance of finding Jaguar or any number of other discountinued systems and games. I know of a mom&pop shop about an hour away from me that still has Jaguar, Saturn, 32X and Sega cd games in stock, but not hardware. Before I moved from southern California a couple of years ago, I knew of half a dozen mom&pop and discount chain stores in my area that stilled carried everything from Odyssey/2600 stuff to the latest (at the time) Dreamcast stuff and everything in between. So it is possible to just walk into a stor in the U.S. and by Jaguar stuff, but it's got to be the right store...

This thread reminds me of a guy I knew some ten years ago at college. At the time we were trying to start up a software development house but things didn't take off. We were working on an ST game at the time.

Anyway, I met him again a few months after I left the course and he told me that he'd stayed over at Jeff Minter's place. Apparently, the Yak had a farmhouse not too far away up in the hills of North Wales (where I'm from), along with sheep and llamas. He told me that he'd had a go at the game he was working on for the Jag ... Tempest 2000 ... and seen the development system he'd got from Atari.

I was totally blown away by this news - and more than a little envious!

• 4 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Htbaa:

so there in america you can just walk in a store and buy jag games??

Thats awesome!!!!

Here in the Netherlands we cant!

Actually, there is a store in Amsterdam who still sell's Jaguar and other Atari games!

If you wish to know more contact me (sorry if I'm spamming)