IGNORED

New Induction into the eBay Hall of Shame - Conclusion

Mindfield

This almost deserves its own thread, but:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...item=3063365298

Interesting stick.  Looks like a curling rock.  Winning bidder was, not surprisingly, a newbie.  My attention, however, was drawn to the new entries in his auction listings.

Wrong URL? That's an Atari 2600 Joystick and the buyer was not a Newbie.

Interesting stick.  Looks like a curling rock.  Winning bidder was, not surprisingly, a newbie.  My attention, however, was drawn to the new entries in his auction listings.

Erm...? You saw a CX40? 'Cos I saw this stick. And the buyer had 12 feedbacks. I still classify that as a newbie. (I still classify me as a newbie -- at least 'til I get to about 50 or so)

Erm...? You saw a CX40? 'Cos I saw this stick. And the buyer had 12 feedbacks. I still classify that as a newbie. (I still classify me as a newbie -- at least 'til I get to about 50 or so)

Oh, well, to me, Newbie is 0-3 feedbacks.

• 1 month later...

Zathras (aka Michael J. Novak Jr.) is notorious - his basic modus operandi is legendary and has been well-identified above:

(1) he will never leave feedback first

(2) he extorts positive feedback, and

(3) he leaves LOTS of retalitory negatives for the slightest reason.

He does have some good stuff and he usually delivers the goods. The problem is he is a total anal-retentive sadistic control freak. People still bid because they see all the positives. I went back and examined the feedback and he is a real chickenshit - only leaves negs once the other has left feedback. Also, it is quite easy to see that he is a SEVERE retalitory feedback artist and Ebay should deal with this clown. This is his web site and in it you will find his explanation for 'Yoshi' and be sure to check out the laughable but psycho "Warning - people you may NOT want to deal with" page:

http://www.io.com/~vga2000/

From the website:

"On December 17, 2003, I received my first PayPal chargeback (ie, fraud).

Due to this, I can no longer accept Credit or Debit Card payments via

PayPal (bank account transfer or PayPal account balance transfer only

now, sorry). Item mailed on time, with USPS Delivery Confirmation

(# 0303 1290 0001 3160 3790 -- USPS web site confirms delivery via

Media Mail 7 days after I mailed), to his CONFIRMED PayPal address:

Yoshi Snider"

Yoshi burnt him he says.

From the website:

"On December 17, 2003, I received my first PayPal chargeback (ie, fraud).

Due to this, I can no longer accept Credit or Debit Card payments via

PayPal (bank account transfer or PayPal account balance transfer only

now, sorry). Item mailed on time, with USPS Delivery Confirmation

(# 0303 1290 0001 3160 3790 -- USPS web site confirms delivery via

Media Mail 7 days after I mailed), to his CONFIRMED PayPal address:

Yoshi Snider"

Yoshi burnt him he says.

Ah.. I wonder if the guy's honored to have a term named after him.

I like my description, though. And I'll probably use it in that sense whenever I possibly can. :D

"Get off my back! Don't Yoshi me!"

Edit: Michael J. Novak... Isn't that the guy from the Back to the Future Trilogy?

Michael J. Novak Michael J. Novak Michael J. Novak Michael J. Novak Michael J. Novak Michael J. Novak Michael J. Novak Michael J. Novak Michael J. Novak Michael J. Novak Michael J. Novak Michael J. Novak Michael J. Novak Michael J. Novak Michael J. Novak Michael J. Novak Michael J. Novak Michael J. Novak Michael J. Novak Michael J. Novak Michael J. Novak Michael J. Novak Michael J. Novak Michael J. Novak

Dear lord. That website is one of the most hideous, self-absorbed piles of Internet flotsam I've ever seen. It's all about him, what he has, how well-established he is in the community, how people have rightfully defended him, and how so many people have wronged him. Pages and pages of dick measuring.

And yet, it doesn't surprise me in the least.

• 4 months later...

I guess I missed this the first time. I just thought I'd step in and say that I've dealt with Mindfield two or three times and have found him to be one of the easiest to get along with selllers on this board. Thanks for this thread, Mindfield. I'll be adding Zathras to my personal "do not bid" list.

-S

Zathras feedback - he may be improving as he has received many positives - here is the latest negatives summary:

-A real jerk-I pay-he rips me off and leaves(-)! See his fb-95% and falling fast!

Reply by zathras_eleven: Jerk bidder sent DEMANDS after (violating my TOS). -5% all from idiots like him!

Follow-up by 07pwb: BEWARE he changes TOS after you pay! 'Always other guy's fault'-common theme!

-Unusual # of instructions to follow.I paid promptly but got treated like a FRAUD

Reply by zathras_eleven: Funny how so few people seem to have a problem following the CLEAR instructions!

-beware... more interested in feedback than super fast payment

Reply by zathras_eleven: Huh!?! Many e-mails/NO replies! Please grow up & honor your bids! BEWARE!

Follow-up by gkess61: Funny how you are never wrong and everyone else should grow up. BEWARE!!!!!!

(oh pity the naive buyer):

-Received item quickly but seller mistakenly left neg. feedback. Did not respond

Reply by zathras_eleven: No mistake! Many e-mails/NO replies! Please grow up & honor your bids! BEWARE!

-Left negative feedback for me for no reason. Buyer BEWARE!!!

Reply by zathras_eleven: Huh? No mistake! Many e-mails/NO replies/Please grow up & honor your bids/BEWARE

MY FAVORITE - seller leaves and receives positive FB with these comments (to avoid retalitory feedback):

-Items were perfect as described... Thank you!

Follow-up by wuznmee: BUT.... THIS SELLER IS MOST CERTAINLY DEFECTIVE. AVOID AT ALL COSTS ! SERIOUS!

Reply by zathras_eleven: LOL! Bidder PO'ed because I didn't like him trying to run my life AND auctions!![/b]

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Mr. 95.4 positive feedback, a.k.a. zathras_eleven, is selling again http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=zathras_eleven

I won an auction from him about a year or so ago - I don't remember the specifics of his "TOS", but he insisted on my full, legal name (no nicknames or initials were allowed) and I was also told I must be polite! I paid him with Paypal and he held back feedback until I left him a positive.

I would also like to nominmate this seller - tinka3. This person seems to have a lot of atari remote control joysticks to sell. I'm afraid to do business with them since I looked at their comments. Just look at the feedback this person leaves for other people! Yikes!!! http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...&item=-1&de=off

lol ... I was just gonna post the illustrious return of the infamous Zathras myself (though I didn't think to dig this particular thread up. :-))

Looks like he hasn't changed, though he's dressed up bit of his TOS to make them seem like a positive thing:

or PayPal (via Credit or Debit Card, balance in PayPal account, or transfer from linked bank account; get FREE money from PayPal during linking process)! Mailed ASAP, within 5 days.

Free money? 5 days after PayPal payment? Wow, that's great!

Certainly a far cry from his older wording regarding the 5-day hold on PP payments. ("Simply put ... PayPal is not cash")

It looks like he's selling his own personal collection -- getting out of the hobby, perhaps? Too bad, byebye. 'Course, at his prices and with that tenament complex up his arse, it may take him a while to find enough suckers.

lol ... I was just gonna post the illustrious return of the infamous Zathras myself (though I didn't think to dig this particular thread up.  :-))

I just copied the link to this thread from your feedback to him :)

I like how, on his "about me" page, he asks people not to email him to question his policies. Sounds like an email campiagn waiting to happed to me!

Anyone who charges $5.50 for shipping 'first class' mail for a single boxed cart is just a greedy bastage - it's just one reason why I don't do ebay anymore. Atleast when I started my Atari 2600/7800/5200/Colecovision collections 4 or 5 years ago when ebay wasn't abused and sellers were very honest I got TONS of incredible bargains. YEE HAWWWW!