IGNORED

New Induction into the eBay Hall of Shame - Conclusion

Mindfield

Yep. He filed a complaint against the URL in his feedback, too. I got some notification from eBay telling me to remove the page it pointed to within 24 hours or risk account suspension. That was 3 days ago, and I explained to them at the time that the page it pointed to would be a little hard to remove, considering it's a fourm thread in a large message board...

I bought some 8bit carts from this guy. Shipping took forever. After they arrived he kept emailing me asking for feedback. I hate it when people do that. Anyway, I'm not going to lie and say it was a great transaction because it took so long and the spam was annoying. After looking at his feedback I realized that he was big on the revenge feedback. So I ignored him. Several emails later this little drama played out...

In my feedback...

Multiple e-mails sent with no replies. Refuses to finish deal. Beware!    Seller   zathras_eleven( 749)  

Reply by jdiegeliv: He was paid and is just upset I wouldn't leave feedback. Shipping was slow.  

Follow-up by zathras_eleven: No mistake! Many e-mails/NO replies! Please grow up & honor your bids! BEWARE!!!  

In his...

Slow shipping then left negative feedback just for me not leaving feedback.    Buyer   jdiegeliv( 29)  

Reply by zathras_eleven: You lie!! When a high bidder honors their bid the item is ALWAYS mailed on time!

Follow-up by jdiegeliv: What are you? 12? How do you explain the PayPal reciept I have? BUYER BEWARE!!!      

Reply by zathras_eleven: To jdiegeliv(above): Again, I mail ALL items on time! You are a liar! Grow up!!!  

I have to wonder about this guy. The blatant lying amazes me. I have to give him some credit though. Thanks to him I now thoroughly research feedback before bidding. I wouldn't bid on anything that someone like him was selling ever again.

Damn. That's sad, Ditto. He was bent on leaving you feedback based on what you said about him. Makes me wonder what he would have said if you praised him.

I always look at the Feedback first as well. And so far I've had no problems. But this stuff makes me afraid.. I'll just be careful, but you never know.

This guy just left this seller a neutral yesterday.  

hmangold( 1 ) 22-Jan-04 10:21:59 EST 3067461864  

Neutral : Changed method of payment after I won and sent to different address than I asked

How long before he get a retalitory neg?

I say within a day.

My new ebay rule is that if i'm going to drop more than $50 or so on an item, now I always send a pre-sale question, even if its something simple.  If the seller doesnt respond or sends some wierd response that sets off my 'bad seller' alarm, I just let the item pass.

I like that idea. You have just established a new eBay Method Of Operation for me. Thanks!

Buck

This guy just left this seller a neutral yesterday.  

hmangold( 1 ) 22-Jan-04 10:21:59 EST 3067461864  

Neutral : Changed method of payment after I won and sent to different address than I asked

How long before he get a retalitory neg?

I say within a day.

Yeap, one day later he left the NEG. The seller is on a roll, he has already left 13 Negs since Jan 1st.

Hard to believe that anyone would leave him positive feedback with his method of demanding feedback. It is easy to see that he leaves Negs even when he received positive feedback. If the positive was not glowing enough.

Yeap, one day later he left the NEG.  The seller is on a roll, he has already left 13 Negs since Jan 1st.

Going for a new personal best, it seems. What sucks, though, is that eBay won't do a damn thing even if you point out every example in explicit detail. The only way they will investigate is if the person(s) involved complain(s), and either this has not happened yet, or eBay has either not done anything or haven't found sufficient evidence to warrant suspending his account. I find the latter extremely hard to believe.

It's sad that clueless peons like this are allowed to proliferate on eBay without any reasonable means of filing blanket complaints against them.

Fun:

I just warned someone who's bidding on a 7800 game he has up about him.  I'm not making a point of doing this to anyone who bids on his auctions, but the opportunity was there, so I took it.

Countdown to bid retraction...

Good for you.

I just hope the bidder doesn't get the wrong idea, and contact the seller about you thinking you're up to something. (Like trying to win the 7800 yourself.)

Good for you.

I just hope the bidder doesn't get the wrong idea, and contact the seller about you thinking you're up to something. (Like trying to win the 7800 yourself.)

I sort of hope he does contact Zathras... maybe he'll realize I'm not done being a pain in his ass yet. What's he gonna do, bitch at me in his feedback by responding to someone else's feedback and pointing the comment at me hoping I'll read it? :D

No. Aside from advising the bidder to read not only his feedback, but his feedback to others, I also pointed him to this thread for some good bathroom reading. :-)

I did get a lenghty response from the guy I warned.

Thanks for the warning but I don't fear him. I am not a collector, but am a college university student who majors in accounting who likes to play games in my spare time. I play when we have semester breaks. I

just like really good games and he happened to have one that i wanted. I did read what you were talking about, and yes it looked awful. I'm the type of person that would handle the situation like this though. I would let him be as rude as he wants AT FIRST. Then i would complete the transaction with a positive attitude.

Positive attitude, at least...

Once i got the merchandise ON TIME

...because we known Zathras always ships ON TIME.

i would leave positive feedback but would note that he was rude. How could he leave a negative with anything bad to say when i paid for the item in less than 5 minutes after the auction ended?

Oh, dear. Poor, dear nawlins boy. Did you learn nothing from what you read?

Then if he stated anything negative about me, I would paste all the e-mails together and post them for everyone to see directing them where to go and look when they pulled up his feedbacks.

Until he filed the TOS-violation with eBay to have the URL removed.

You see, you can respond back on a negative and that would be how i'd respond. I would give proof on my response as to all what happened and he'd be looking bad and not me. The world and all ebayer's would know to steer clear then.

Oh dear, dear, dear...

College students are very smart so I'm sure he just hasn't come across the right one yet.

This was my favourite part.

The world would know just how "TRIFLING" he really is. Yes, I am from New Orleans and N.O. people don't take B.S. too kindly.

In order to take it, it helps to be aware of its presence...

Then after i did that i would e-mail him back to let him know what i did and what i thought of him. What could he do? Nothing but look stupid and realize that he's in big trouble when people read what i posted right?

The river of naivete and idealism runs deep and strong in Nawlins, it seems.

This seems like a problem that is very laughable and a problem for collectors only. Me, I don't have anything to worry about. Also he dosen't live anywhere near N.O. so it's not like i'd ever see him again anyway. What's he gonna do, fly all the way to N.O. to find me. Even if he came to N.O. how would he find me in a huge city with millions of people?lol  I am very sorry for all the people that had bad dealings with this person, but my advice to them is to stand up to him and do something about it. Why let him get away with it. Them people chose to do nothing. Why????  Just tell him that he is "TRIFLING".lol

It's almost sad, really.

Sad. Well, maybe next time that seller will believe when someone tells them to watch out.

i would leave positive feedback but would note that he was rude. How could he leave a negative with anything bad to say when i paid for the item in less than 5 minutes after the auction ended?

He found the activation switch. And I don't wanna be around when it gets pressed.

We'd better keep an eye on the feedback and see how this goes.

Fun:

I just warned someone who's bidding on a 7800 game he has up about him.  I'm not making a point of doing this to anyone who bids on his auctions, but the opportunity was there, so I took it.

Countdown to bid retraction...

I highly recommend that you use a throw-away ebay account if you are going to do this. eBay will suspend your account for auction interference if the bidder happens to complain to them.

This almost deserves its own thread, but:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...item=3063365298

Interesting stick. Looks like a curling rock. Winning bidder was, not surprisingly, a newbie. My attention, however, was drawn to the new entries in his auction listings. First, we have his explanation of combined shipping:

Multiple items: Heavier items, non-FREE shipping with BIN and/or items that do not qualify for Media Mail would count as first item when calculating shipping costs.

Uh ... :?:

Next, his additional terms of sale -- these are a great read:

Please do NOT bid if:

...you can't send the payment within 7 days of the end of the auction.

...you are shopping around, get unexpected bills, or like to place fake bids.

...you expect me to follow your personal auction policies.

...you're a rational, free-thinking human being.

...you have a lick of common sense.

...you don't appreciate verbal abuse.

...you don't like negative feedback.

I could go on...

What I expect from high bidders:

...good, polite e-mail contact throughout deal, prompt payment,

and fair and honest feedback upon receipt of item.

(emphasis mine)

In other words, "Good, polite ass-kissing throughout deal, 0-second payment, and anal frenching in my feedback."

What high bidders can expect from me:

...good, polite e-mail contact throughout deal, item as described/pictured

and in listed condition, item shipped on time in a well wrapped package,

and fair and honest feedback (I leave feedback for EVERY high bidder).

Excuse me.

:lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: