IGNORED

My Trak-Ball mod

Dantaipan

Now if someone would port over a nice pinball game from the XL/XE to the 5200 you could place the 2nd button on the other side and have a cool pinball controller :)

I have that kind of setup for my arcade and pinball games with my Hotrod Controller, it has two pinball buttons on the sides. Anyways, your mod reminded me of that stick 8)

post-1503-1074179498_thumb.jpg

Now if someone would port over a nice pinball game from the XL/XE to the 5200 you could place the 2nd button on the other side and have a cool pinball controller :)

That would be great. I was trying to think of a use for a button on the other side but came up short. I doubt anyone is going to port a game just for me though ;)

That would be great. I was trying to think of a use for a button on the other side but came up short. I doubt anyone is going to port a game just for me though  ;)

I don't know if we suggest it to Kenfused he might make another great conversion :)

We just have to decide on the best XL/XE pinball game to nominate for the honor.

It's a microswitch I guess. Robbed from a genesis/snes "professional" arcade stick. What does a leafspring look like?

5891xxl.gif

A leaf switch has 2 metal "leaves" sticking out of the switch.

Pressing the button pushes the top leaf into the bottom one.

A leaf switch has 2 metal "leaves" sticking out of the switch.

Pressing the button pushes the top leaf into the bottom one.

In this situation what would be your choice; micro or leaf?

Well, the only leaf switch I've ever (knowingly) used is the fire button in my VCS' Wico trackball.

But I love the little bastard. The leaves are just BARELY seperated, so any pressure closes the switch, making for a quite sensitive fire button.

And it's silent. No annoying click noises like with microswitches.