IGNORED

Complete US Virtual Boy collection for sale

norkusa

....well almost complete. I'm missing Waterworld and don't have the box & manual to Mario Clash. Everything else though is boxed and complete for the most part. I might be missing a manual for one or two of the boxed games....I'll get a detailed list of items for anyone that is interested. Anyway, you don't see many collections like this for sale (even up on ebay), so this is a great opportunity for anyone that wants a (almost) complete Virtual Boy collection. Here is what I have:

Virtual Boy system in Blockbuster hard case

Virtual Boy headphones NIB (Japanese only accessory)

3D Tetris

Galactic Pinball

Golf

Jack Bros.

Mario Clash

Mario's Tennis (includes rare promo box)

Nester's Funky Bowling

Panic Bomber

Red Alarm

Teleroboxer

Vertical Force

Virtual League Baseball

Wario Land

I want $350 for the set. Can provide pics of everything. Sorry, won't sell items individually. Also have a VB countertop store display for sale as well. I have excellent selling references in the AA and Digital Press forums. PM me if anyone is interested.

No sign.The sign is the main part! ;) No thanks

Can you post some pics of the system and games though?

Actually the sign was never part of the small countertop store display. It only came on the stand-up & floor versions.

I'll try to get some pics tomorrow though of the collection and post them here.

No sign.The sign is the main part! ;) No thanks

Can you post some pics of the system and games though?

Actually the sign was never part of the small countertop store display. It only came on the stand-up & floor versions.

I'll try to get some pics tomorrow though of the collection and post them here.

O, neat. If you could take a pic of the display too, that would be great. Thanks

Typically $10-$20 for each CIB games except for Waterworld and Jack Bros. Both are quite rare and may set you back about $50 each.

A working and CIB Virtualboy can be had for under $30 though if you want the blackbuster case, that's quite a bit more.

Dunno about the Mario Tennis promo box, I have 3 of them myself for only $2 each from Blockbuster. (no they're not for sale)

Nintendo AC tap is also somewhat rare (don't be fooled by 3rd party Performance trash) The Nintendo tap comes with its own AC adapter that looks suspiciously like SNES adapter with one different, the adapter says for use with SNES and Virtualboy only (the regular SNES adapter doesn't mention VB)

There's also a soft carry case by Performance and it can hold the VCB system, all 14 games, all 14 manuals, etc. The plastic cart holder on the front weren't well done and tears fairly easily in my case.

Under normal circumstances, you could probably get a complete and boxed USA lot for under $250. And no it won't be a good investement because it used to cost about $250 back in 1997 to get a complete VB set. (VB was blowing out on clearance sale late '96 so everything was cheap.)

Some Ja[panese accessories like the headphone, VTetris, boxed Mario Tennis, etc are quite common and could be obtained for under $10. But Japanese games that were not released in USA (with the exception of VTetris) could set you back $50 to $500 or more.

I'd give up my top 5 rarest game cart I have in my possession just for a CIB copy of Space Invader Virtual Collection!!!

Susuwatari,

Thanks for your writeup about VB collecting, what's the Mario Tennis promo box looks like?

I have some VB games too, I was thinking about selling them all but from what you wrote, I might just keep them for the time being (since I was one of those idiots who actually bought the system at launch).

Typically $10-$20 for each CIB games except for Waterworld and Jack Bros.  Both are quite rare and may set you back about $50 each.

That may be true for Waterworld, but there is no way you are going to get a CIB Jack Bros. for $50. It's more like $100.

Dunno about the Mario Tennis promo box, I have 3 of them myself for only $2 each from Blockbuster.  (no they're not for sale)

Well, they are promo boxes that were only given away with used copies of Mario's Tennis at Blockbuster, so it's somewhat rare. Usually go for $20-$25 on ebay.

Under normal circumstances, you could probably get a complete and boxed USA lot for under $250.  And no it won't be a good investement because it used to cost about $250 back in 1997 to get a complete VB set.  (VB was blowing out on clearance sale late '96 so everything was cheap)

You MIGHT be able to get a set for under $250, but it'll take allot of searching and allot of luck. I think $350 is reasonable considering what is included with the lot. Most VB auctions I see that include the Blockbuster case, system and 2 or 3 loose games usually go for $100-$125. I think $350 for the lot is fair.

I'd give up my top 5 rarest game cart I have in my possession just for a CIB copy of Space Invader Virtual Collection!!!

I might take you up on that! What are your 5 rarest carts? ;)

if only i could go back to 1998 and buy a couple more brand new space invaders from united game source for $89 each...hell, one could (as i did :D) get s.i., space squash, insmouse, virtual fishing and waterworld brand new for less than what a s.i. virtual collection goes for on ebay these days...

i console myself for not having the american jack bros. with the fact that i was at least able to get the japanese version during the blowout pricing days...

and where's the "demo only" carts? :P i actually found the red alarm one, so i know wario land has got to be the rarer one...

So Jack Bros is up to about $100? I hadn't checked eBay in a while so I was using last Summer's average. I didn't think they went up that much.

For a couple years after VB was discontinued, Ocean was still selling Waterworld direct for like $40. I don't think they have any anymore.

My 5 rarest games I know of: (may have other rare games scattered about not listed in my record)

CIB Smurf 2 for Sega Master System

SQ: Water World with manual and box for 2600

Chrono Trigger with mint maps (2) and almost mint manual (first 2 pages were ripped)

Fire 'n Ice CIB for NES (box is really crushed)

Genesis Game Factory cart with an actual game still in it. (nearly all Game Factory cart from Bolockbuster were blank so any with a game still loaded is rare!)

Not to hijack this thread, someone please buy this very nice VB collection from him!!!

Agreed. I would've done so myself, if I didn't already have one. This is one hell of a deal.

Thanks for the kind words guys. The money I make from this is going to help me finance the new Steel Battalion controller and game coming out next month, so I could use all the help I can get selling this set. SB ain't gonna be cheap! ;)