IGNORED

Cuttle Cart 2 Discussion Thread

cschell

• 4 months later...
Has anybody tried to grab the one player "Combat" game off of the Atari : 80 Classic Games in One disk to use on the CC2?  Is it even possible?

This is Zach Medley's Tank AI demo for which he has abandoned further development. It was available here at AA long before the Atari 80 disc came out and is still here last time I looked.

Thanks Chad for making the CC2 .. so when will CC 8-bit or CC 5200 or CC Vectrex be available? :D ;)

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

Actually, which brings a Q. Do you provide after sales support in case one of the CC2s breaks down or has a fault?

Within the warranty period (which has expired for all current owners) I provide a replacement.

Outside the warranty period I can offer trouble shooting advice but little more. I have no ability to replace failed chips on the board (I've never managed to do the whole replace SMDs by hand thing), nor do I keep spare chips for that reason.

Sorry,

Chad

My 7800 had one of those tabs inside 7800 carts break off and get stuck, and I can't get it out of the cart slot.

Do these have those, or would this interfere? If it doesn't (I sure can't get it out), I'd be interested in one of these.

The CC2 does have the tabs (it's in recycled Atari 7800 cases.) So I imagine having that tab stuck would interfere with it and just about any other cart.

Chad

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to post a brief not that CC2's are back in production.  You can place an order for one now on my website.

http://www.schells.com/cc2.shtml

Thanks,

Chad

Excellent news, Chad. My CC2 is incredible - it works exactly as advertised -- and I am glad you are making more of them so the CC2 community will continue to grow.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the money for a CC2, but not for the reader thing and a MMC card.

Anyway to ensure it works before the warranty period ends? Don't want to get stuck with a 200$ paperweight. Does it load up anything when its powered up in a 7800 without a MMC card (And if does, does that mean more than likely its in working order?)?

I have the money for a CC2, but not for the reader thing and a MMC card.

Anyway to ensure it works before the warranty period ends? Don't want to get stuck with a 200$ paperweight. Does it load up anything when its powered up in a 7800 without a MMC card (And if does, does that mean more than likely its in working order?)?

You can get a reader thing and a MMC for less than 25 bucks total. Easily.

$8.80 MMC reader

$13.51 MMC

Shipping is free.

Total cost = $22.31. No tax (depends on where you live) and free shipping.

I personally use the larger 128MB MMC from SimpleTech for $18.23 and it works great. The 32MB is big enough for all of today's 2600 and 7800 games and most of the manuals -- the 128MB is big enough for future growth, hacks/homebrews, etc.

Only way to be sure it's really working is to have the MMC. I do test every CC2 for complete functionality before I ship it, but the nature of electronics is that if they are going to fail they typically fail in the first 90 days, or a long time after that. However, determining whether or not it is going to fail requires that it actually get some use during those first 90 days.

Chad