IGNORED

How many protos do you own?

Albert

Well - the CGE guys certainly haven't spilled the beans on their 7800 prototypes in terms of screenshots, descriptions, gameplay, ROMs, and other information ...

The existance of these games has been known about by us for over a year and CGE hasn't said anything about the games themselves. ;)

We 7800 fans are dying to know more ... but the parties that have the prototypes aren't sharing.

It was the same way with KLAX. It took something like 9 years before the people that owned the KLAX prototypes let the cat out of the bag.

I have a few, the most interesting being a working 1400XL with SALT and Telelink carts from the lab.

The proto I actually enjoy most is Lynx Loopz...I think you can get a repro through Best, this is actually a really good game. I also have a Marlboro Man proto. I have a few 5200 Parker Brothers protos from who knows where and one Atari 800 proto of (I think) Bezerk.

I also have a proto story that could easily start a flame thing so I'll just keep it to myself for now, don't have the energy for it.

Eric

Sorry for weighing in so late on this topic...

2600 released:

Quadrun 6-20 (with Steve W. signed companion label)

Moon Patrol 136

Taz 8-19-83 (with Steve W. signed companion label)

2600 unreleased:

Grovers Music (no date)

Saboteur 9-2 (with companion signed screenshot from HSW)

Cubicolor #28/50 (does that count?)

5200 released:

Pole Position 133

Baseball (no date)

Pac-Man

Galaxian

Choplifter 02-29-84

Soccer

Baseball 7-28-83

Pengo 8-8-83

Space Dungeon 3-9-83

Mountain King

Centipede

5200 unreleased:

Millipede 1-5-84

Meebzork 3-18-83

Also, I'm shortly to receive a 2600 Obelix proto that I'm not sure if it's NTSC or PAL. Anyway, I got a signed screenshot from Andy Fuchs as a companion piece.

My thanks to CPUWIZ, Dan Kramer and Cassidy Nolen and Rick Weis/Marco who have made this post possible by selling/trading me their proto carts :wink:

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a few proto's for completely random systems:

1) Dreamcast

2) CD-I

3) Jaguar, well "a small tour of Towers II" is kind of like a pre-release.

4) Playstation

The jaguar one though, is the the only actual official proto I own, the others are just backups of original protos, but for unreleased games.

I've got 2 for the Sega MegaCD (Japanese) -- 6 if you count ones I copied before I sold them off.

Original:

Mega Schwarzchild (Strategy/RPG)

Detonator Orgun

Copied:

SonicCD (American w/Japanese Tracks)

Cyborg 009 (Most def. not complete)

Arcus I-II-III

Death Bringer

I used to own several Jaguar protos (the AvP Dan Loosen now owns), and I still have one beta of Atari Karts in ROM format only. And there are differences between it and the released version, after conferring with the man himself JaySmith2000.

I too only have one proto, Surf's Up, which I picked up (without realizing what it was) at a used game store in Baton Rouge with a bunch of other titles. The carts were 3 for $10, so I payed about three bucks for it. The photo is the database is my cart. Some of the other posters have already put me to shame with real proto collections, so I'll stick to collecting Combats. :P

HEAVY***6***er

I have 5 Atari lab loaners:

A-Team

Donald Duck Speedboat

Obelix

Quadrun (autographed)

'Sorcerer' (work in progress of Sorcerer's Apprentice)

Had some others....somehow a few ended up across the Atlantic  ;)  

I still REALLY want a Polo prototype.  I am willing to pay for it.  Come on, whoever has it, you know you want to sell it to me :)

Cassidy

*look of complete innocence*

Got 1 - Battlezone 8)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...