IGNORED

LOL! Atari Jaguars used in the dental field?

Adrian M

You guys do realize that even if you can get a shell, you'll very likely have to modify it to actually use it, right? You'd probably have to cut holes for joystick ports, remove the handle and cover up any holes it leaves in the casing. Not to mention that if they did modify the bottom, there may be posts and such on the inside of the case that would prevent the Jaguar's circuit board from fitting in properly.

--Zero

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings ATARI FREAKS,

Well, tiring of seeing no one do anything real with this idea I went to the source and things are looking very positive indeed as far as making NEW ATARI Jaguars in white.

Attached is the document Imagin Systems Corporation sent to me.

*I am currently waiting to hear back from them regarding making ATARI Jaguar CD ROM(s) in white but I'm not holding my breath. I doubt they have that mold but I am trying to locate it. I haven't yet looked at what would be required to do this or if it even can be done.

*Feedback appreciated!

Additionally, what do you all think of the "HotRod" logo?

Add that to the case for novelty factor or leave it off?

My initial reaction is: do NOT include that logo.

Finally, I would recommend NOT e-mailing / calling / otherwise harassing:

Imagin Systems Corporation

They are already in the process of determining distributors and you are likely just going to piss them off.

The cases are coming!

Now it's just a matter of hammering them out.

Ciao,

ElMaloWulfMan®

pcman@inetnebr.com

U.S.A.

Earth

post-4802-1078189109_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

I say everyone mod their Jaguar's with custom white paint jobs! Btw, why don't we see any modded Jags? Besides replacing the LED light. Come on people put down your Xbox modding tools down for a sec (although I do love seeing custom Xbox's) and mod your Jags!

• 1 year later...

The last time I went to the dentist, digital images of my two front teeth (and their root canals) were projected into the Harkins Theater by an Xbox 360.

What really hurt was when the doc shoved a GameBoy Classic into my mouth and told me to bite down while he shot X Rays with some device that looked like an arcade Virtua Cop 2 cabinet. That GB classic plastic is soo crunchy! It needs Coke classic to go with the taste!

The whole time we were watching the Bio Dome DVD on a PlayStation 2. It just sat there. I thought maybe we could enjoy the movie more if someone actually put Bio Dmoe into the PS2's drive, but I couldn't say anything until I spat Zelda out.

The worst part was when he went to fill some cavities. The anesthetic shots were given by a Dreamcast, which we all know can use Windows CE.

When Windows crashes, it tends to repeat the same action over and over. Well, the Dreamcast crashed right after it stuck me the first time.

Stick.

Stick.

Stick.

Stick.

BTW, I think this is a hoax. A fun one, yes, but a hoax none the less.

:lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lol: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lol: Thanks for reviving this silly old thread!

I believe I wrote to the company at the time to ask WTF and they said something about plastic molds being very expensive, so it's always better to buy one off the shelf (in this case, from the dead Atari Corp.) than to commission a new one.

Maybe we can get a cheapass Flashback 3 if the current Atari uses the old molds, too!

Atari Jaguar Revived As Dental Camera

1UP,  February, 2004  by David Smith

Software development for the Atari Jaguar has survived long after its death, thanks to the open-sourcing of its development environment some years ago. In an odd little footnote to the history of Atari's last console, however, its hardware seems to have returned from the dead as well -- or part of it has, at any rate.

Several observers lately noticed that a new product from Imagin Systems, a manufacturer of medical and dental imaging equipment, bears a striking resemblance to the venerable old Jag. The "Hotrod," a digital intra-oral camera (in other words, dentists use it to take pictures inside a patient's mouth), happens to have the exact same exterior shape as the base Jaguar console, despite the obvious difference in coloring.

Atari-Age contacted Imagin to find that it had purchased the molds for the Jaguar casing from one of Atari's mid-'90s incarnations some years ago. For whatever reason, after a few minor modifications, the casing proved just the right size and shape to hold a $5000 dental camera. It retains the expansion slot used to connect the Jaguar's CD-ROM expansion as an "optional docking station," while plugging the memory cartridge used to store images into the existing cartridge slot.

We look forward to perhaps seeing other dead consoles -- the roomy Turbografx-16 case, maybe, or the classic Odyssey 2 -- revived for other technology applications.

BTW, I think this is a hoax.  A fun one, yes, but a hoax none the less.

992967[/snapback]

It is not a hoax. It has been proven time and time again to be real.

Look at this thread from 2004 in the Jag forum. Particularly look at the magazine article that is posted:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...44439&hl=imagin

And here is another one that confirms that Imagin has possesion of the Jag CD molds as well:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...45320&hl=imagin

• 3 months later...
BTW, I think this is a hoax.  A fun one, yes, but a hoax none the less.

992967[/snapback]

It is not a hoax. It has been proven time and time again to be real.

Look at this thread from 2004 in the Jag forum. Particularly look at the magazine article that is posted:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...44439&hl=imagin

And here is another one that confirms that Imagin has possesion of the Jag CD molds as well:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...45320&hl=imagin

Last I talked to them I said I was interested in even a flawed casting. But anyway, hopefully they know to hit one of us up if they want to get rid of the molds eventually.

The last time I went to the dentist, digital images of my two front teeth (and their root canals) were projected into the Harkins Theater by an Xbox 360.

What really hurt was when the doc shoved a GameBoy Classic into my mouth and told me to bite down while he shot X Rays with some device that looked like an arcade Virtua Cop 2 cabinet. That GB classic plastic is soo crunchy!

:lol::lolblue::lol::lolblue::lol::lolblue:

• 11 months later...
Adrian M's thread back on the front page. Haha. Shall we have a last-gen console flame war just for old times sake?

Xbox = Brick :P

Man last few messages of this were hilarious.

Jaguar in white casing would still be fun, but since this thread I've seen so many good paint jobs, and game cabinets (like the DreamStation I modified) so if nothing else, would just case that the moldings made it to some Jag collector one day.