IGNORED

Doom Or Wolfenstein

Mendon

There have been posts in the past where people post whether they think Doom or Wolfenstein is the more enjoyable game. These posts are often mixed into threads talking about other Jag games.

So lets try a dedicated thread:

Which Game Do You Prefer: Doom or Wolfenstein, and why?

For myself, I prefer Doom. Good framerate, good graphics, love the varied weapons, and the general atmosphere of the game (dark lighting and sounds) is more to my liking. All of these combined get me into the flow of the game and its seems like it really is "Me Against The World".

Wolfenstein is very well done and I enjoy it alot but Doom is the better choice for me.

Mendon

I played both of these to death on the PC years before I got a Jag and I preferred Doom by a wide margin.

But I prefer Wolf3D on the Jag because it plays closer to the original for me. Both are fun and action packed so no real complaints :)

Doom over Wolfenstein for me. Doom has the lighting, the angles, the textures. Also the characters in JagDoom are 3 dimensional, whereas in Wolf3d they are only two dimensional. Even the PC version of Wolf3d the characters are 3-d.

The missing music for me is nothing since I also have the PC version and the PC in game music is nothing great or memeorable. I want music, I'll listen to the radio. :wink:

Only recently acquired Wolf 3D, but I still like Doom better. Better graphics, scarier enemies, multiplay... Plus, it's a gaming icon whereas the original Wolf3D was quickly forgotten after Doom came out.

I also get tired of the samey graphics of Wolf3D and I get lost too easily... :|

Well I would say Doom for the jaguar is great, also Wolfenstein! But the Doom graphics and the atmosphere are better! on the other hand wolfenstein has music, actualy (I think) realy cool music 8) . So i would say Doom is better to play in large doses, and wolfenstein in small doses! I guess its graphics or music! Iam going to keep it as they are both equally good games, no "better" desision for me :? (all my desisions are based off of the versions for the Jaguar only)

The question above is about wolfenstien.

i have never played wolfenstien 3d out. but it does have the pc episodes alright (as far as i could play).

So it has the one where you kill hitler?

i will play the game tonight...well...it is 00:44 anyhow. i will play the game and see how far i can get. will let you know how faw i came.

question- did my awnser to youre nintendo 64 work?

I like both, but then they're not really trying to be the same kind of game. To me Doom plays more like a 'suspense-em-up' whereas Wolf allows the player to go in with all guns blazing a bit more...not that this is in any way discouraged in Doom :D

For me though the PC version of Doom will always be better purely because I learned to play it on a keyboard (the Jagpad feels wrong, somehow) and I really loved the music - its removal was a very sore point with me and I think it took a lot away from the game dynamics that it was disabled in the Jag version. Sure, it looks nicer on the Jag, but to me the PC one is more fun to play.

Doom is one the only game that's been on my laptop since I got it and will never leave :D

Stone

I recall that I was shot down about a year ago in a thread in which I most emphatically claimed that "Wolfenstein" was a "better" game than "Doom", but I still stand by that. "Doom"'s a good FPS, but I like the presentation (and plotline) of "Wolfenstein" much more.  :)

I agree with you. While Doom is good, I prefer Wolfenstein a bit. I'd rather blow away Nazis than random monsters. Doom can also be too dark at times.

Lets put it this way - If you want an arcade game get Wolf3D - the speed and superior weapons make this one pretty easy.

If you want a 3D shooter with strategy and suspense get Doom.

Doom is 32x better (pun intended) than Wolf3D IMHO.

I think the Jag Wolf levels are a bit different than the PC ones - Its larger IIRC.