IGNORED

Saturday Finds

R.Cade

I found about another dozen commons for my collection today at an old flea market for $1.50 each. I'm up to about 120 games now, so I'm at that moment you all fondly remember where you can't remember what you have and don't have anymore. :)

Anyway, I have a couple of questions for the veterans. Do you actually carry a list around of what you need? Do you always buy the label-less carts (Parker Brothers)? This place I found has about 5 PB carts with no label-- do you buy them knowing they're probably Frogger?

Pete

I have a few boxed games in my collection and it has come to the point were I know what I dont have when I see it, so I dont need a list and no, I never buy Atari 2600 loose games that do not have there labels unless it has case that looks like a rare game (K-Tel has a cart cass that you can spot) . The odds of finding a ultra rare game with no label like Atari Quadrun is not worth buying 200 copies of pac-man or combat.

:ponder: :ponder: :!:

I have a great visual memory so I just know if I have a cart or not, even

though it's been a long time since I could name them all ;)

NB: Label-less carts = dirt cheap NEVER pay more than $0.50 for one

You never know, it might be somthing you don't have (somthing rare even)

Although it's a 70% chance that a label-less parker bros. cart will be frogger :lol:

I'm new to the forums & this is my first post! I have a list myself because I have so many different label variations. I bring it with me, but I usually walk away to look at it, then go back to make the purchase. There have been a few times where I thought I did not have a specific label & ended up getting one I already had! Anyway, my most recent find was at an online auction I got a huge lot of over 150 games (2600) with the complete system for $150. Some of the games that were in it included: Crash Dive, Death Trap, Shuttle Orbiter, London Blitz, & Demolition Herby to name a few of them. Well worth the money. I turned around & sold about 15 of some others in the lot and made my money back! I've been collecting for Atari for a couple of years now. There are still a few 7800 games that seem to be a little elusive (Mean 18 is the main one that's really hard to get) I'm also having a somewhat hard time finding the repros of the early games. I just got a Pic label of Flag Capture dated 1986 recently for $5. I think I'm going to start a new post because I've a few questions that maybe some of you can answer.