IGNORED

Anyone ever finish Pitfall II??

shining slade

No, I meant the map screen allows you to use a strategy.

I'd like to know more about this. I've tried warping out accross the board in the hopes that the enemy fleet would follow me and leave the station in the lower right corner alone. Never worked though. They always surround it first and make it their mission priority to annihilate it. It took me an infuriating amount of times to finally clear the little bastards fast enough before they blew up that starbase on the Wing Commander level. As for the Starmaster level it always get killed. I can still get a high enough score for the patch qualification though. That wasn't possible for the WC level. If the base was lost there was no way to get the 7,600+ points necessary.

I'd like to know more about this. I've tried warping out accross the board in the hopes that the enemy fleet would follow me and leave the station in the lower right corner alone. Never worked though. They always surround it first and make it their mission priority to annihilate it. It took me an infuriating amount of times to finally clear the little bastards fast enough before they blew up that starbase on the Wing Commander level. As for the Starmaster level it always get killed. I can still get a high enough score for the patch qualification though. That wasn't possible for the WC level. If the base was lost there was no way to get the 7,600+ points necessary.

Check out Thomas's last post in the Starmaster High Score thread. He gives detailed instructions on how to maneuver your cursor at what time to prevent the enemy from surrounding your first base. You still have to be fast and good. But, it is possible.

• Like 1

Pitfall II: Lost Caverns is one of my favorite games on the 2600 and I've finished it a good half a dozen or so times, but never with a perfect score. The closest I've gotten was this attempt last month:

hletIDk.jpg

It's never the bats or condors that trip me up, it's always that darned frog on the final ladder up! :lol:

• Like 2