IGNORED

What's up with Frogger lately?

shining slade

I don;t knwo why it would be sellign so much in one week, other than random chance, but Frogger has survived to become a best-selling character on the Playstation as well, one of their best selling titles ever actually. When a classic character has a modern hit, that should drive up demand for the originals.

The local ripoff gaming store is selling NES Final Fantasy for $75 for that very reason. And they even sell a few.

If that Final Fantasy is loose Nova, then $75 is a ripoff. I got a complete, boxed version that's not going to be sold for a long time.

As for Frogger, I dunno in regards to the price. Maybe I should buy up some spare copies of Frogger and put them up. It couldn't hurt to see how much I get even with a honest listing.

Yes, our local gaming store is a really bad rip-off. They even stole some games from my friend once! He set them down at the counter because he wanted to sell them and the clerk said he would watch them. He went to go look at something and when he came back, a game was missing! They denied that he even had it completely and the next week, the game was on the shelf! I still think it is in fact. I hate that store.

That's the funny thing about collecting, the serious collectors will only pay for the rare, unpopular stuff. The everyday people only pay for the most common popular titles.

$75 is for the boxed version of FF, which I still think is overpriced because I see them quite a bit. FF3 has sold for $100 around here.

I can vouch for how Pitfall! can sell well on Ebay, also. I tried to sell about twenty or so carts a few months back. Many went unsold, most went for the minimum bid, but Pitfall! sold for eight bucks. It was quite a (pleasant) shock, considering almost all the rest of the carts I was selling were much rarer.

It does make sense that there would be a lof of people out there collecting out of nostalgia value for the carts they enjoyed twenty years ago. Once a few of them get involved in a small bidding war for your common cart, you can get lucky and sell if for a few bucks more than it's really worth.