IGNORED

When will it END

JagMX

its obvious that final fantasy will never have a "final fantasy"

I for one wish this fukin series would come to an end - Im not an RPG person, but i wouldnt say at all the reason why i hate it so much is because im not an RPG person - cuz thats not true - some games that are RPG's i can play a little or just say yeah its a cool game but i just cant get into it -

Im sick of al lthe final fantasy commercials, im sick of al lthe damn ff games everywhere -

its annoys me to no end -

Final Fantasy, may you burn to a final end one of these days

It won't end until SquareEnix stops making money from them. I don't see that happening anytime in the near future, given the huge fanbase (uhhm, uhhrr, including me) the games have. :) I have mixed feelings about some of the games, but overall I've enjoyed most of the ones I've played.

..Al

I say stop production on the next one until we get a new main character. He's the most effeminate yet. Other than that, let them do what they want, it's the most popular rpg, so they must be doing something right.

@Jerseydevil: good for you, hiretsukan

I say stop production on the next one until we get a new main character. He's the most effeminate yet.

An effeminate male character in a japanese game? You don't say...

Castlevania has some of the most effeminate characters in all of history. The last two GBA games had me convinved that they were female, but I guess they're just cross-dressers or something.

As for Final Fantasy, I'm sick of it too. The FF fanboys are worse than the games.

--Zero

I agree. I hate every turn-based RPG.
But FF hasn't been turn-based since it left the FamiCom.

Anyways... I just wish they'd retire the name and move on. In my opinion it's holding them back.

They've shown before that they're capable of developing really impressive games, both RPg and non-RPG, when they try. But they focus too much on FF, and keeping the "feel" of the game the same.

Anyways... I just wish they'd retire the name and move on. In my opinion it's holding them back.

They've shown before that they're capable of developing really impressive games, both RPg and non-RPG, when they try. But they focus too much on FF, and keeping the "feel" of the game the same.

Yeah, but its some hybrid of turn-based. Its certainly not action based.

It won't end until SquareEnix stops making money from them.  I don't see that happening anytime in the near future, given the huge fanbase (uhhm, uhhrr, including me) the games have.  :)  I have mixed feelings about some of the games, but overall I've enjoyed most of the ones I've played.  

..Al

i got nothin bad to say about the fanbase of the game at all -you like what you like :)

im mainly gettin sick of a new FF game comin out every other month :lolblue:

I agree that it's clearly not real-time, but ... turn-based to me has always meant battles divided into discrete rounds and everyone gets one action each round. Some have it further divided into player turns and enemy turns.

I call it time-based, though there's no real term for the area between turn-based and real-time.

I agree that it's clearly not real-time, but ... turn-based to me has always meant battles divided into discrete rounds and everyone gets one action each round. Some have it further divided into player turns and enemy turns.

I call it time-based, though there's no real term for the area between turn-based and real-time.

OK, I assumed it was all turn-based. To me, there are games like FF and games like Zelda. I definately prefer action/RPG's. Thanks for explaining it.:)

OK, I assumed it was all turn-based. To me, there are games like FF and games like Zelda. I definately prefer action/RPG's. Thanks for explaining it.:)

No prob. A lot of people call that gray area either turn-based ore real-time(epending on what they like and how they feel about the game). Just like a lot of people call Zelda an RPG. :)

BTW, If you like Zelda, try the NES title Crystalis.

It's Zelda with the stereotypical RPG staples of plot, magic, townsfolk, and experience levels. And without the boring inanity of Zelda 2.

i got nothin bad to say about the fanbase of the game at all -you like what you like :)

im mainly gettin sick of a new FF game comin out every other month

Nobody is forcing you to buy or play them. :)

..Al

hey' date=' with the tons of commercials constantly playing- its like their saying "" you WILL get into FF" you WILL buy it!"

i wouldnt be surprised with all the commericals playing over and over if they are trying to brainwash me ;)[/color']

SquareEnix are definitely capable of creating good games, when they're not limited by that universe. Heck, I like Kingdom Hearts, which is still slightly limited by it . . . But no, the FF name needs to retire. I believe there are something like 18 games now. (12 in the main series, 1 actual sequel, 2 Tactics games (which are indeed cool), and aren't there 2 SNES games that are, and yet aren't, in the series, and the upcoming GC one).

Only Mario has had this many other games sold off the name alone, I think. . .

im mainly gettin sick of a new FF game comin out every other month

Nobody is forcing you to buy or play them. :)

No, but it gets so much publicity that it's annoying... the commercials are on every 15 minutes, all the magazines gush over it, and it's plastered on all the video gaming websites (well, except this one). Plus, you get RCmodeler starting a Final Fantasy thread once a week or so :P

I certainly don't have to buy the game, but I really wish they'd stop waving it in my face. It's like when you're a kid, and your brother holds his finger an inch away from your face saying "I'm not touching you! I'm not touching you!"

--Zero

I don't care for FF either.

I like turn-based games tho.... (at least, it was fun as hell in Secret of the Silver Blades on my 286 in the early 90's ;)

I think the last RPG I 'really' enjoyed was Dragon Warrior... then they screwed up with that too... and kept making more... and more... and more... and (are they still releasing them for the NES? I dont remember ;) hahaha j/k