IGNORED

Mortal Kombat 3 SNES prototype????

Breakpack

I've got an old issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly (around May/June/July '95) with pics from that summer's E3 (or CES ,whatever it was called at the time).In it there are pics of the home versions of Mortal Kombat 3.In those pics are Super NES shots from the graveyard stage.I know it was taken out in the final 16 bit versions,but is there a known prototype of MK3 with the stage in it or was that just a mock up'ed unplayable revision?????I'll try to get scans from this iss. as soon as I can.Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
The pictures in your magazine are probably taken from the arcade version

the graveyard was taken out of the SNES release and later added to the SONY PLAYSTATION release.

I think that the graveyard was removed cuz nintendo deemed it morbid or something? ;)

Here's the pic from EGM 72....

So is there a dump of this version out there???? :?

post-4102-1084436412_thumb.jpg

I really dont know dude.

Maybe the cart is out there somewhere but I dont know if the ROM has been dumped or not! :sad:

Maybe it was removed because Nintendo didn't like the idea of the programmers

names on the stones and they worried incase people would try to kill the developers?

Nintendo can do things like that you know! remember Snes MK1? Yeah no blood! :lol:

Oh well if I come up with something like a MK3 beta ROM (not that I personaly emulate the SNES)

I will PM tou a link or something ok? ;)

Till next time dude! 8)

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know, I mean some of the gravestones are not there as can be seen

on the shots. (the programmer stones are missing!)

This either means that it's a mockup or Nintendo had a dispute with midway

to remove the stones with the programmers names on.

And Midway didn't like it so they removed the whole stage!

Thats all I can think of if i learn any more I'll let you know ;)

maybe they just made and error???

But the stage looks pretty playable.....perhaps it's just a mockup..... :(

I meant maybe it was the sega version and they accidently put that it was the SNES version

I dunno ,the screenshots look like they have too many colors to be a Genesis screenshot.And the names of the fighters are below the energy bars ,like the SNES version and not inside like the Genesis port. :ponder:

• 2 years later...

I have an MK3 SNES proto, it says work in progress on the legals screen with a date, and it is a good 6-8 months before release. I think I recall it having that stage, but I am not 100% certain.

Come to think of it, my copy of the game IS the EGM preliminary copy (from where I received it) so there is a good chance it DOES have this stage.

Edited by DreamTR

Just to clarify, I am not digging this thing out for people that are not serious about purchasing it. TRE can vouch for me "having" these type of games, but I've received some PMs from people wanting me to prove I have the game? It's not like the thing is easy to get to, if you want to purchase it, show me the money!

Edited by DreamTR

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've gotta find a copy of MK3/MK trilogy for the PSX. I have MK and MK II for the SNES, those were always fun. I wonder if the PSX version will still let you play Pong after winning 250 battles?

I know one of them had a subgame, a little galaxian style shooter.

It might have been the Genesis version of one of them though.

My friends and I played MK1, 2, and 3 into the ground.

i have the superfamicom mk3 you know i never knew it didnt make it to snes.

MK3 actually was released for the SNES (and so was Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3). The reason people are interested in the protos is because the final release didn't have all of the same stages/backgrounds as the arcade game, and it seems there might be a proto that includes a stage not seen in the final release.