IGNORED

Anyone else introducing Atari games to their children?

Atarius Maximus

I've got a 2 year old who loves to grab the joystick when I'm trying to play! I've got him working on my "pitfall trainer" hack, he's good at moving Harry back and forth, but doesn't quite have the timing down on the jumps. :) He sure loves it though, and giggles every time Harry dies and the "you've just lost a life" sound plays. :lol: Good Times.

My 4 year old started on Atari (Pac Man and Adventure) But then he saw me and my buds playing the Dreamcast. Now he is a master of Army Men Sarges Heroes, Gauntlet Legends and Gauntlet Dark Legacy (GameCube), Spyro, Pac World, Sonic, ahhh the list goes on. It's scary when some of my friends come over and he totally kicks their butts at a game. :D I had one say "Can't we pretend he's at least 8?" :D

I'm not sure whether to be proud or scared. :|

Oh, he loves Vectrex Scramble too.

my kids grew up around dad's Atari and old game collection.

I ensured they got a copy of Activision Anthology for Xmas on the PS2 which they enjoy (Barnstorming comes out top)

In fact my little girl is playing 720 (Midways arcade collection) on the PS2 in the other room now!

Lee

Not my kids(not having any) but my nieces and nephews. Since they were little, I've played Atari with them. Some of them are now between 15-17 so it's been going on for a long time.

On Thanksgiving here at my house I had the kids competing at Kaboom and Combat. The age range was 2 -17! They all love it.

Well, I started my 6 y.o. on pong 2years ago, then she got pretty good on the "breakout" games for my various systems, now she plays the arcade games.

She's completed 2 of the 5 maps on Out Run,and finally got to the rivit stage on Donkey Kong, and just cleared her first board on Ms.Pac-Man..........kids.....

minorleagueguy

One day I came home from work and my wife was painting in the garage and my eldest daughter was playing "Food Fight" on my 7800. All she could do was make the man eat the ice cream before time ran out, she hadn't figured out how to throw food.

It was a tender moment to see. :)

My 3 year old sometimes manages to persuade me to play a game or two while he watches. The only problem is he typically loses interest before I do. I'm also trying to teach him not to simply rip the cartridges out (while the 2600 is still on) when he's done.

He also enjoys watching me play various N64 games and has a small library of his own PC games (though he needs help with the mouse).

I'm a leader for our youth group at church. I brought an atari 2600 and a bunch of games in and have more or less donated it to the group.

They play some of the games so much, I get sick of them before they do. Combat is amazingly popular. They don't play the games I think are fun (Kaboom!), they seem to stick with just a few games.

Combat is a biggie.

Stampede is big.

One of these days I'd like to get a 4 player Warlords tourney going, but it's hard to drag them away from the games they want to play. I'll start observing a little more and see the most popular kids games.

My three year old can play the first level of Adventure by himself, killing dragons and maneuvering through the blue maze without help. He also loves it when Frogger gets run over by the traffic :D . He has been especially careful with my atari system and games. He is a technology prodigy I think and can hardwire my DVD player to the VCR, perform all functions on the remote control and use a phillips head screw driver adroitly. That's my boy!!! :D :D