IGNORED

Atari Jaguar Extremist Pack #1 For Pre-Sale

jaysmith2000

Now taking orders for the Jaguar Extremist Pack #1!

The Jaguar Extremist Pack #1 contains 3 rare Jaguar/PC CD's. Pack #1 contains Black Ice/White Noise Revision 23, Battlemorph Beta Unencrypted and Dante.exe Needle Path Test. BIWN Rev 23 and Battlemorph Unencrypted run only on a Jaguar CD player with a bypass cart. Dante.exe/Needle Path Test runs on a PC. I've only had it working on my older laptop running Windows 98. It doesn't seem to run on my Pentium 4 with Windows XP.

Black/Ice White Noise Rev 23 - This was the latest version that made it out of Atari. It includes the "hooker" which seems to be of interest to many, although trust me when I say she isn't worth it. Clint Thompson (Ambient Distortions Studio) released Rev 18 in March of last year.

Battlemorph Unencrypted Beta Rev 3 #1 - Dated 10/10/95, I have played this beta sparingly and am interested if anyone can find differences between this and the final version. Selfish Release

Dante.exe/Needle Path Test PC - This PC CD has a demo of a game called Dante that some have suggested is Dante's Inferno the unreleased game for the Jaguar. This did come with a batch of Jaguar CD's direct from Atari HQ, so it is possible. Hopefully with this release someone can confirm whether it is or is not.

Here is the release process for Pack #1:

- Sales begin today Friday February 6th and end Sunday February 22nd.

- No more orders will be taken after February 22nd. Don't ask, don't beg, don't bribe, it won't happen.

- You must PAY for your Extremist pack(s) before February 22nd. You can pay through PayPal using my e-mail address "jmsmith8@cox.net" or you can pay via money order/cashier's check.

- If you pay by money order or cashier's check the payment MUST be postmarked February 22nd or earlier. If it is not, I will return your payment and you will not receive an Extremist pack.

- Please e-mail me to tell me how many Extremist packs you are buying and how you will be paying (I'll send you my mailing address for money order/cashier's check). I'm using the e-mail to track and register your copies.

- The Extremist packs are $34.00 each (Priority Mail/Delivery Confirmation) including shipping in the US. For multiple orders add $31.00 for each additional pack you would like. For international buyers the pack with shipping is $40.00 (Global Priority Mail 4-6 days). However, international buyers have the option of having me hold their packs and combining with other packs to save on shipping. International buyers should e-mail me for pricing if they are ordering more than one pack.

At present, I am planning on releasing 2 other packs. Pack #2 will be released in the same format as Pack #1. I expect to have it ready to start selling in mid to late March. Pack #3 will be released in a different and very limited format so keep your eyes peeled to Talk Atari Explorer and Atari Age for more information.

Pack #2 will contain:

The Interactive Rocky Horrow Show (PC) - this game was being developed for the Jaguar CD player. This is a demo CD of the PC version which was also being produced. Neither item was ever released.

Teque's F1 Racer 11/23/95 - This is the last version of F1 Racer made. This is a different version than was released by B&C.

Blue Lightning Beta 4/13/95 - This is the earliest fully working Beta of Blue Lightning and is one of my personal favorites. I'm certain this will be a favorite of pack #2.

Items for pack #2 are subject to change, but as it stands now, this is the release.

Pack #3 will not be disclosed until sales are ready to begin. If you're excited about Packs #1 and #2 then you'll be turning cartwheels when I tell you what is in pack #3.

Finally, I'd like to thank the following people:

K3V - Kevin did all the artwork for the Extremist Packs and I must say did one heck of a job.

Shaggy - Adam was the "original" inspiration for the packs. He was the first to bring it up on TAEX. If you like them, let him know, if you hate them, it's HIS fault!

Karl and Curt at TAEX - Without the TAEX forum I don't think this would have ever happened.

All "da boys" over at TAEX - Everyone over there had some say in this, I appreciate all the comments and suggestions.

Please view my web-site for pics of Pack #1:

http://members.cox.net/jmsmith8/index.htm

Well thats cool :D , Ive been waiting to get a copy of biwn! and this is a better version. I bought the older version from Clint but after two atemps to send it to Canada both times it got losed :( so i stoped trying. well iam definetly buying it while i have the chance, thanks for this oppertunity Jay!!

Why the limited sales time frame and release numbers?

Mendon

Hi Mendon,

The main reason I'm only selling them for a lmited time is I don't want to be making these things for the rest of my life. This is just something that I want to do to share some goodies with the Jag community. I'm planning future releases as well. One project at a time for me is more than enough! :) As you know, this is a hobby for me, nothing else. I have a full-time job.

Jason

The main reason I'm only selling them for a lmited time is I don't want to be making these things for the rest of my life. This is just something that I want to do to share some goodies with the Jag community.  I'm planning future releases as well.  One project at a time for me is more than enough!  :)

Hey Jason

I understand and can see your point.

I'm just waaaaaaaay over my budget on game spending and can't really afford to be doing more this month if I want to keep my happy home; next month is another story. Just hate to see myself and others possibly having to go to eBay and buy them at "limited" edition prices if we miss out on these, especially if you are going to make an even more VERY limited #3 run. And the eBay auctions *will* happen if there is a dollar to be made.

Might be nice if perhaps you considered making a slightly larger run than what you think you would sell in a few weeks. Then what you don't sell yourself maybe the AA store would take any remaining on consignment. Serves the Jag community, keeps the prices down for those that miss out now, and takes the heat off you if the supply runs out.

Oh well.

As you know, this is a hobby for me, nothing else.  I have a full-time job.

Just a hobby??? With your collection??? Who you trying to kid ! ;)

Mendon

Hi Mendon,

I understand and can see your point.

I'm just waaaaaaaay over my budget on game spending and can't really afford to be doing more this month if I want to keep my happy home; next month is another story. Just hate to see myself and others possibly having to go to eBay and buy them at "limited" edition prices if we miss out on these, especially if you are going to make an even more VERY limited #3 run. And the eBay auctions *will* happen if there is a dollar to be made.

Might be nice if perhaps you considered making a slightly larger run than what you think you would sell in a few weeks. Then what you don't sell yourself maybe the AA store would take any remaining on consignment. Serves the Jag community, keeps the prices down for those that miss out now, and takes the heat off you if the supply runs out.

We discussed this at length over at TAEX. Initially I was going to make about 100 of them and that was it, but folks complained and said they would sell out and people would miss out. I believe JagMod suggested we do it over a specific time period. I liked that and so did others. I used just over 2 weeks because I figured most folks get paid every 2 weeks so it should give everyone a chance. I thought the idea was reasonable and would allow me to avoid having excess stock on hand. I also posted that these would hopefull start selling in late January and explained how I was planning on doing it well before the announcement to give folks an opportunity to set aside some funds. Also, for what you're getting I think it's a very fair price point. $30 for 3 CD's of beta games is more than reasonable IMHO. Now that I've made the rules for pack #1 I'd hate to break them. I don't think that would be fair for those that are paying or have already paid. I'm absolutely certain they will end up on e-bay at a premium. Although unforutnate, there's not much I can do about it especially with a BIWN Rev 18 going for $78.00 on there, give these a little time and there's no doubt they'll be up there. I have already received several orders of more than 1. The biggest downside to this is folks like yourself that I know support and love the hobby. I'm not worried about Tommy who just got his Jaguar last week, but someone like you is the reason I'm making these things, I hate to see you miss out. :(

Just a hobby??? With your collection??? Who you trying to kid !  ;)  

Mendon

:) Yeah, you're right, maybe it is a little more than a "hobby", infatuation comes to mind....

hey Jay do you know how much your pack #2 and #3 will cost?(or an estimate)?

As it stands now pack #2 will be the same price as pack #1. I'm not sure on pack #3 yet, it will depend on a few things. I've set this up as a "break even" venture. I just want to get back out of it the cost of the CD maker, cases, inserts, printable CDr's, ink cartridges (lots of these babies) and any outlay I had to acquire the originals. Depending on how many I sell of packs 1&2, the price of pack #3 will be set accordingly. I would expect it to be more regardless because there is an "acquisition" cost involved in that one that is larger than the others, plus the limited run will make it more difficult to recoup. However, I think it gives everyone a serious Jaguar collectible to have. I am going to limit orders on pack #3 so someone can't come in and buy the lot. :)

Jason

Ya Jay, if it were me I would not do it forever either, but maby I would make more and distribute them to other atari web sites to sell for awhile. That way you would not be selling them forever, or you could let other people make them after you?

That's definitely something to think about. With pack #1 it's just not going to happen though because of my promise to the buyers. I wouldn't feel right going back on my word. But future releases are always a possibility. Maybe for pack #3, I'll do a limited run and sell those out and then do a 2nd edition run that isn't as nice or something like that.... Who knows??? :)

Hey Dragonforce-Europe maby i can see if i can hook you up with a copy! I will see if I have enough money to buy a second copy (iam low on my last pay too) and when you get paid you can send me the price it is and i will send it too you. I should get enough money in time, iam saying this because i work for contractors and in the winter there is little work :( .