IGNORED

Atari Jaguar Extremist Pack #1 For Pre-Sale

jaysmith2000

Hey Dragonforce-Europe maby i can see if i can hook you up with a copy! I will see if I have enough money to buy a second copy (iam low on my last pay too) and when you get paid you can send me the price it is and i will send it too you. I should get enough money in time, iam saying this because i work for contractors and in the winter there is little work :( .

hi,

that would be nice yes. le tme think bout it. since i got some mroe things to buy off.like bjl, cd bypasscart.cable :(

bah. i hate these things. And they say they want more people in the jag community. how do you do that? by releasing limited edition programs./ sounds great to me.  :roll: maybe someone can keep creating these packs? :twisted:

PLEASE, stop crying all the time like a little kid, its getting *really* boring. If you can do better, go for it ! If you can't... :|

Just want to send out a big thanks to Jaysmith for taking the time and having the courtesy to provide us all with an opportunity to experience previously unavailable items of your collection (and Jaguar history).

Though some may piss and moan about the gifts you've unselfishly "given" to the community and belittle your efforts as a whole, there are those of us who appreciate it all and are enthusiastic about the upcoming releases. Keep up the great work! 8)

Just want to send out a big thanks to Jaysmith for taking the time and having the courtesy to provide us all with an opportunity to experience previously unavailable items of your collection (and Jaguar history).

Though some may piss and moan about the gifts you've unselfishly "given" to the community and belittle your efforts as a whole, there are those of us who appreciate it all and are enthusiastic about the upcoming releases. Keep up the great work! 8)

Thanks Saturn, I appreciate the kind words.

We discussed this at length over at TAEX.  Initially I was going to make about 100 of them and that was it, but folks complained and said they would sell out and people would miss out.  I believe JagMod suggested we do it over a specific time period.  I liked that and so did others.  I used just over 2 weeks because I figured most folks get paid every 2 weeks so it should give everyone a chance.  I thought the idea was reasonable and would allow me to avoid having excess stock on hand.  I also posted that these would hopefull start selling in late January and explained how I was planning on doing it well before the announcement to give folks an opportunity to set aside some funds.  Also, for what you're getting I think it's a very fair price point.  $30 for 3 CD's of beta games is more than reasonable IMHO.  Now that I've made the rules for pack #1 I'd hate to break them.  I don't think that would be fair for those that are paying or have already paid.  I'm absolutely certain they will end up on e-bay at a premium.  Although unforutnate, there's not much I can do about it especially with a BIWN Rev 18 going for $78.00 on there, give these a little time and there's no doubt they'll be up there.  I have already received several orders of more than 1.  The biggest downside to this is folks like yourself that I know support and love the hobby.  I'm not worried about Tommy who just got his Jaguar last week, but someone like you is the reason I'm making these things, I hate to see you miss out.   :(  

Its not the money, really, as both the wife and I work and bring in a goodly sum each month. In my case, its the fact that since before Christmas I have been on a non-stop buying binge from eBay, flea markets, vendors like B&C, Songbird, AA, etc, and private individuals. And lately my wife has been quick to point out that while its nice I'm not spending money on booze, gambling, and hookers I still must, at some point, slow down and give it a rest. And she is right. So to keep my happy home (and my CC acounts solvent) I've promised to limit my purchases for awhile. The main problem is that if I start "rationalizing" everything I could purchase ("Oh, this is only available for a short time"; "Oh, this will never be on eBay again"; "Oh, this vendor might sell out"; "Oh, this is too good a price to miss"; etc) I will never stop spending. There are 7 items on eBay I want right now and am chomping at the bit to bid on but I'm refraining (while looking at wife with frying pan in her hand). I may have to break my vow and purchase a controller because a system can't be played without one but if I do I will get "permission" to do so :D

But that's all my problem; not yours. You are doing an excellent service by releasing something to the community that quite possibly wouldn't have been enjoyed if you hadn't. And I Thank You for doing so! $30 plus shipping is a more than fair price for the work and investment you're doing.

I was just making a suggestion (and perhaps a selfish one) that might help people avoid the eBay profiteers (or missing out on the game completely) that some of us will have to face if, for whatever reason, we can't meet the deadline you set. You and I might disagree on the "limited" availability or the total release numbers of the Pak but that's cool. I see your point and hope you see mine.

Anyhoot, Thank You again for supporting the Jag community. :thumbsup:

Mendon

I haven't noticed any "pissing" or "moaning" or "belittling" or flaming or anything of the sort in this thread, Saturn. If you are referring to me I don't believe I've done any of these; correct me if I'm wrong and I'll apologize. If you're referring to Dragonforce then please consider that perhaps there could be a misunderstanding of views/reasoning due to not having a full and ready command of the English language.

But I don't think anyone has flamed or belittled Jason in this thread or on this site.

Mendon

Of course we all have to remember that it will be a little while still until pack#3 is ready. There's still time to save up for it. Mendon, I know what kind of situation you're in, I'm basically in it myself, so many things I want to buy and so little ca$h. Oh well...personally fo r me I"m going to get these packs for right now and wait on anything else. I'd love to get Alpine Games as well, but I may put that on hold...

I haven't noticed any "pissing" or "moaning" or "belittling" or flaming or anything of the sort in this thread, Saturn. If you are referring to me I don't believe I've done any of these; correct me if I'm wrong and I'll apologize. If you're referring to Dragonforce then please consider that perhaps there could be a misunderstanding of views/reasoning due to not having a full and ready command of the English language.

But I don't think anyone has flamed or belittled Jason in this thread or on this site.

Mendon

I think that he was referring more to Dragonforce than yourself. ;)

Hi Mendon.

Let me start off by clearing up any misunderstanding. The post was not an attack toward you (or anyone else specifically, for that matter.)

I haven't noticed any "pissing" or "moaning" or "belittling" or flaming or anything of the sort in this thread, Saturn.
Good call. I never limited those comments to this thread. This is only one small corner of the Jaguar community and I was intending to cover any negativity on a worldwide basis. ;)

If you are referring to me I don't believe I've done any of these; correct me if I'm wrong and I'll apologize.
No need for corrections or apologies from either of us. I wasn't referring to you in any shape, form or fashion.

If you're referring to Dragonforce then please consider that perhaps there could be a misunderstanding of views/reasoning due to not having a full and ready command of the English language.
Again, this wasn't limited to a single individual rather the sum of many. If you'll take a peek at the second sentence in my post, it contains such words as some and may, not specifics like Jaysmith,OMG Dragonforce is crapping on you in this thread!!

If it's all the same, maybe we could drop this before it gets really out of hand.

Hey, i would not say dragonforce is pissing and moaning! Hes just fustrated, we all get this way some time, I remember missing some realy good Jaguar deals on ebay because my internet went down and i was pissed! :x But dont worry dragonforce you will eventually get a copy some how :D . He also only gets paid every 4 weeks so he is at a disadvantage.

Hey, i would not say dragonforce is pissing and moaning! Hes just fustrated, we all get this way some time, I remember missing some realy good Jaguar deals on ebay because my internet went down and i was pissed! :x  But dont worry dragonforce you will eventually get a copy some how :D . He also only gets paid every 4 weeks so he is at a disadvantage.

:( yes. too bad it isnt like teh starcats dev cd. but then agian,. you cant compare those two. too... you get the idea....... :|

There are 7 items on eBay I want right now and am chomping at the bit to bid on but I'm refraining (while looking at wife with frying pan in her hand). I may have to break my vow and purchase a controller because a system can't be played without one but if I do I will get "permission" to do so.

Nonsense! Spend! Spend! Then Jpeg the Polaroid snapshot of the lump she puts on your noggin and post it in this thread! It'll be hysterical! :lolblue:

And lately my wife has been quick to point out that while its nice I'm not spending money on booze, gambling, and hookers I still must, at some point, slow down and give it a rest.

Quote of the day! :D

No worries Mendon, I know how hard it is to break an eBay habit. For myself I should really stop buying broken stuff which I never get around to fixing :lol:

Stone

Hey, Jay!

I didn't know that in the US people get paid twice a month, but I know that there are places where people get paid at the end of the month (once), so maybe you could let the end date slip for a week.

I know, if people start these kind of arguments, the thing will never end :P

By the way, I just liked that you know that not everywhere people receive their pay twice a month.

Ciao!

Quickie question... Could you explain the Battlemorph beta?  Are we talking a playable beta or something to sit back and watch?

Later.

It's 100% playable. One of the reasons I released it is that in the limited time I've played it I haven't been able to discover any differences. I'm hoping some serious Battlemorph nut can point out the differences in it other than the fact that it's unencrypted and was burned a few months before the release.

I always thought Battlemorph was an awesome game!

I still think the "bee" level (I think it was 3?) is the best/my favorite! :)

The music in the game is awesome as well!

Still the same music Jay?

Did comedy mode get taken out maybe(I forgot about this until someone had mentioned it on ax the other day)

Type in any of the codes to get to the end maybe?

Clint