IGNORED

Games with Construction Kits

Lord-Chaos

I have very vauge memories of shoot-em-up and platform game construction kits appearling in the late 80's on machines like the commodore 64, did any appear on the Atari?

You mean SEUK. It never appeared on the Atari unfortunately.

Activision made one, but methinks it was just for the C-63. Chris ++ Knows about this title.

ProBiker  (a game released in 1989/1990 for the XL/XE) has a design track option...

Maybe MOLECULE MAN, too  (at least in PC conversion there is a special editor!).  :)

Yes, Molecule Man , released on tape for the ATARI XL/XE has the editor.I have the original tape versions for ATARI XL and Commodore C16/+4 .

Was the Wargame Construction Set by SSI available for the XL (I know it for the ST , it´s a strategy game construction set.).

I´ve also found some Public Domain games and type-in games with construction kits.

Thimo

Bill Budge!  (At least on the AppleII...dunno if he did the Atari port personally).

Bill Budge did the Atari version, my wife and I met him and got an autographed copy of the game when it first came out. We were at computer shop in Los Angeles for the release. Really nice guy, he told us all about porting the game between the three systems.

Chuck

Well,

what about Broderbund`s Arcade Machine ?!? The Brundles (Level) Editor, Sogon, Tobot 2, Cultivation, Polar Pierre, Mr. Robot, The Wall (Breakout Clone), Brik Bat (Breakout Clone), Bomber Jack, Think & Work (Socoban Clone), Unicum (Breakout Clone), and many, many more... -Andreas.

I don't recall the proper name of it but Stuart Smith (who authored Ali Baba and Heracles) did a construction kit for making games like that.

People metioned SEUCK in this thread. Shoot Em Up Construction Kit (SEUCK) appeared for Amiga and I found the games made from it to be really horrible. SEUCK seemed to channel people into a certain type of game (the vertical scroller) and the performance of the games was just poor IMO.

I would be interested which, of the construction sets we have already listed, generated binaries that were freely releasable and required no runtime libraries or original disks to run. Anyone?