IGNORED

Atari 7800 Rarity Guide Update

Alex

Aargh, I meant to tweak my survey numbers one more time, but hadn't got around to it yet. Oh well, the new rarity guide looks pretty good.

The only ones I really disagree with are that Ace of Aces still looks too low and Pole Position II is too high. How can an O'Shea's game be a "2"?

Mitch

The new guide is much improved! I still think a separate entry is needed for the Video 61 version of the Monitor Cartridge. The Video 61 version is just as rare as anything available from O'Shea, considering it is still in stock and available. How about:

Title                  Company          Rarity

Monitor Cartridge    Harry Dodgson      9

Monitor Cartridge    Video 61           R

The new guide is much improved!  I still think a separate entry is needed for the Video 61 version of the Monitor Cartridge.  The Video 61 version is just as rare as anything available from O'Shea, considering it is still in stock and available.  How about:

I think we've had this discussion before but I still disagree. I consider them label variations and since there are considerably less than 100 made of both version combined, I think the "9" rating is justified. I don't think your O'Shea's analogy applies to this case since O'Shea's has thousands of games sitting around and I doubt Video 61 has more than 3 or 4. Could Video 61 produce more? Sure, but then so could Atari or any other company that wants to. Whether they will or not is another question.

Mitch

The new guide is much improved!  I still think a separate entry is needed for the Video 61 version of the Monitor Cartridge.  The Video 61 version is just as rare as anything available from O'Shea, considering it is still in stock and available.  How about:

I think we've had this discussion before but I still disagree. I consider them label variations and since there are considerably less than 100 made of both version combined, I think the "9" rating is justified. I don't think your O'Shea's analogy applies to this case since O'Shea's has thousands of games sitting around and I doubt Video 61 has more than 3 or 4. Could Video 61 produce more? Sure, but then so could Atari or any other company that wants to. Whether they will or not is another question.

Mitch

None of the modern day produced homebrews and reproductions have a 1-10 rarity assigned. Hi-Score Cart, Cuttle Cart 2, 2600 Cuttle Cart, 2600 Venture II Treasure Box, any of the limited edition homebrews...all these have known production numbers that are very low, but none are assigned rarity 8, 9, nor 10. I've always thought the rarity guide made a clear distiction between homebrews/reproductions and games made during the age of the classic system.