IGNORED

A rare gripe

jetset

Ok, being the 5200 is IMO the best system ever...(that is for it's time) I rarely have anything bad to say about controllers....games....hardware, but.....

MAN! GORF SUCKS!!!!

I just got a Wico and a Comp Pro controller. This in addition to;

The original stock controllers,

Trackball,

Masterplay Interface with trying about 5 different 2600 style sticks,

even a custom made paddle controller.

There is NOTHING that can redeem this game. PERIOD. Is there anyone who likes this game? Gorf is the 5200 equivalent to the 2600 port of Pacman.

Blech!

At least the ratio of good games to bad games is better than any other system. :)

Oh no doubt! That's my point exactly. 99.9% of 5200 titles are fun games to play (James Bond and Congo Bongo being two that aren't too swell)

Gorf *COULD* be a fun game, and the graphics look fine, it's just that there's no way to control the damn thing! Very frustrating.

You gotta remember Gorf basically started life as a 4-in-1 clone for arcade operators who couldnt afford all 4 space invaders, galaxian, etc.

Actually, Gorf in the arcade had FIVE games in one, NOT FOUR. The Galaxian mission had been removed from nearly all home versions of the game for who knows what reason.

At least the ratio of good games to bad games is better than any other system. :)

... in your subjective opinion, yes! :wink:

opinions are implied anyway, there's no logical reason for someone to be required to write IMO everytime they speak. The 5200 does have the best good to bad ratio anyway, and the 7800 sucks ass, so there.

... in your subjective opinion, yes! :wink:

Pretty much everything everyone says about every system on these forums is a subjective opinion, including all your recent statements in the 7800 forum in THIS Thread. What point are you trying to make exactly? :roll:

Actually, Gorf in the arcade had FIVE games in one, NOT FOUR.  The Galaxian mission had been removed from nearly all home versions of the game for who knows what reason.

In YOUR OPINION! :D

It's NOT an opinion, it's A FACT! Read it and reap:

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter...=G&game_id=7983

Actually, Gorf in the arcade had FIVE games in one, NOT FOUR.  The Galaxian mission had been removed from nearly all home versions of the game for who knows what reason.

In YOUR OPINION! :D

It's NOT an opinion, it's A FACT! Read it and reap:

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter...=G&game_id=7983

Bah! Some people can't take a joke. I wasn't being serious or attacking you. I just found the most factual statement in the thread to quote in order to poke a little fun at the whole IMO bit. Hence, the smiley with the large grin. ;)

Yes, I knew that Gorf had 5 games in one. I used to play it all the time at the local 7-11.

At home I played it on my Vic-20. I remember one session where I completely obliterated every pixel of the flagship and the damn level still wouldn't end.

For some reason I really liked the Space Warp level. Dunno why.

You gotta remember Gorf basically started life as a 4-in-1 clone for arcade operators who couldnt afford all 4 space invaders, galaxian, etc.

Actually, Gorf in the arcade had FIVE games in one, NOT FOUR. The Galaxian mission had been removed from nearly all home versions of the game for who knows what reason.

Because Galaxian is owned by Namco and Bally/Midway inserted it into the arcade Gorf without Namco's permission. It was this kind of stuff along with Midway creating it's own Pac Man games that caused Namco to terminate their business relationship with Bally/Midway. I read that it was originally in the CV version but was removed to make the cart only 16k but it was more likely so Coleco didn't get sued.