IGNORED

List of "cartrige lottery" games?

killah5000

Hello,

I'm new to the board, but I've used the site for info for a little while now after getting back into Atari.

Would anyone have a list of games like Atlantis II and Space Chase, games that are usually common but some are rare versions. I like the fact that some of these common games may actually be very rare, and it adds a little bit of exitement when you're searching for games in "the wild".

After reading aboput Atlantis II, I had the same idea. There should be some kind of quick reference list for collectors detailing such anomalies. While they're not super rare like A2, it's worth checking for the following:

Asteroids - no copyright screen when the game is turned on. These seem to be far less common; I think they were some of the first batch released. I have two of these, but 21 of the mundane copyright version. I'm not sure if the 1986 re-release had the copyright or not.

Cosmic Ark - I've heard there is a version which allows the starfield to be toggled on and off with the TV Type switch. These are said to be the ones with the lighter-colored labels and smaller text. (source: www.gamewinners.com) I've never actually encountered one of these, so I can't confirm their existence.

Also rumored to exist is a version of Missile Command without the programmer's initials (although none have ever been discovered AFAIK; this is probably just a tall tale.)

Supposedly, some Pole Position carts had "Ploe Position" printed on the end label; I've never seen one of these, either.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I'm off to test my Atlantis cartridges! Heh, heh...

HEAVY

***6***

e r

have seen a scan of ploe position once ...

i have a "pole positn" from atari. but i am sure you know that variation ...

i had one of those imagics with smaller text, but wasn't really aware of the difference.

i just realised when it was gone and i took the other one out my box. :-(

another interesting thing is all the label color variation i have for tigervision carts, as well as a king kong in red case!

greetings

fish

All the known "anomolies" are listed on my Easter egg at Digital Press.

Asteroids - I asked Brad Stewart about this. The version w/o the copyright info is the original. He doesn't know who added it in later versions. My interview with him will appear soon in the 2600 Connection n/l.

Cosmic Ark - I actually discovered this (gotta take credit when I can!). Rob Fulop was unaware of this version (which allows you to turn off the star field).

Missile Command - although Fulop swears a "RF"-less version exists, I've never seen one. Perhaps Atari was "threatening" to remove it, but never did...

Other anomolies (not counting prototypes) exist for Air Raiders, Astroblast, Lost Luggage, Breakout, Bridge, Burgertime, Demon Attack, Laser Blast, Lochjaw/Shark Attack, Lost Luggage, RS Soccer, RS Tennis, Skeet Shoot, Superman, SQ Earthworld, SQ Fireworld, and Video Pinball.