IGNORED

East Coast Gaming Expo - September 11th, 2004

ECGXChuck

It's all about the games...I'm going to try and go. It's a 7 hour drive, but I'd be more than happy to make it for a positive event.

You know, this is just too much drama here OVER FRIGGIN TOYS AND GAMES

Another hear hear here...:ponder: yeah that works...

Take a moment for a reality check folks.

Games are supposed to be fun, conventions are supposed to be for people coming together for a common hobby. It's just unfortunate that there are folks who would rather drive a wedge between parts of the collective group, rather than try to bring them together.

Take a look at my avatar and you decide.

For some reason, when I see your avatar...I see a bit of Kevin Nash (wrestler for those out there who don't know)...and I really have only one thing to say...

puke.gif

;)

Take it easy, good luck with the event. Like I said before, I may try to go if things fill up in the next couple months...don't want to drive 7 hours to play games by myself...I can play with myself at home for free...I meant play by myself...oh hell, I'll just shut up now.

Well we didn't pick 9-11 because of the events which happened in 2001 we did so because it was the only Saturday we could get.

If the day bothers you so much that you would rather sulk in your room for the entire day every year it rolls around then we can respect that and hopefully next time around we will have a better date to set it on.

Also this isn't really a convention. This is a private party and you have all been invited. Its not as big as any of the other shows and we never set out to put any of the major shows down. In my eyes ALL events are a good thing.

The idea that if you are a fan of one of shows means you can't attend any other is just stupid. If you are a die hard fan of Philly Classic or CGE and that means you can't go to any other gathering because they just aren't Philly Classic or CGE well then I guess we won't see you there.

If you are free that day and have the means to swing by then by all means join us. You won't meet the president of Nintendo or see 500 vendors but come with an open mind and just have some fun.

In truth, you see I just promised so many people I've dealt with over the years that I'd buy them a beer that I've gotten way way backlogged. This is just my way of catching up, having a good time and not having discussions like this one we are having here.

So if free food and drinks with a bit of gaming with your fellow collectors on the weekend doesn't do it for you then DON'T COME. If you don't come down with an open mind to have fun then I don't want you there anyway. You won't be doing us any favors. This isn't a for profit event and we aren't out to break any records we are throwing a party. I'd rather have a die hard group of 10 willing to just relax and have a good time than a room full of 1000 sulkers who are convinced the day will be miserable before they even get out of bed.

Adam

Also this isn't really a convention. This is a private party and you have all been invited. Its not as big as any of the other shows and we never set out to put any of the major shows down. In my eyes ALL events are a good thing.  

The idea that if you are a fan of one of shows means you can't attend any other is just stupid. If you are a die hard fan of Philly Classic or CGE and that means you can't go to any other gathering because they just aren't Philly Classic or CGE well then I guess we won't see you there.  

Well said. clap.gif

Although it looks like I am not getting my beer this time either. :(

• 3 weeks later...

It was nice meeting those of you who stopped by our booth at Phillyclassic. I want to remind everyone that while the tables are FREE if you would like to set up you need to reserve one NOW as they are limited in number.

Just head on over to the website and sign over your first born or immortal soul.

www.ecgx.com

• 3 weeks later...

East Coast Gaming Expo - 2004

http://www.ecgx.com

Saturday the Eleventh of September, 2004

The Inn at Reading - Reading, Pennsylvania

Celebrating video games from Adventure to Zookeeper and back again!

Greetings from the crew of ECGE!

We have some good news and some bad news to bring to you...

The GOOD news is that response for the show has been WONDERFUL! Day after day we get orders for tickets and tables for the show, people thanking us for running a gaming convention, showing their appreciation of us supporting our hobby! We're glad everyone's so excited about our upcoming FREE show! We hope response is this good next year when we hope to do a bigger and better show! Keep booking those FREE tickets for this year's show!

Now, we did mention some bad news. Seems that response was greater than we originally anticipated and we've run out of tables! We apologize to everyone who had wanted to get tables, demand just far exceeded what our space supply was! Be sure to keep our official website, www.ecgx.com bookmarked and check back regularly! News updates for the show will be posted there first, and as always we'll keep everyone on our mailing list up to date on all the latest developments on the show! If you're interested in booking a table yet, please contact us! We'll keep your name in our list in case someone decides to back out of their table!

Be sure to tell all your friends, co-workers, family members, and strangers you meet in your favorite game stores to come to the East Coast Gaming Expo! It's a TOTALLY FREE day of video gaming! The bill and the entertainment's on us!

Game On!

Chuck Whitby

Adam Harvey

Rob Faraldi

The 2004 ECGE Crew

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to post here what I plan on bringing to the show. I'm getting really excited about this one. I didn't know if there was something on the ECGE website to post what you plan on bringing or not. Anyway, I'm bringing:

VCS POP unit

Lots of prototypes to show/trade

Neo Geo MVS setup with LOTS of good titles

And lots of other stuff you just don't see or get to play everyday. :)

If anyone want to set up any trades of my page before the show, drop me a PM.

You asked for it - you got it!

We have secured an additional *2,100* square feet at the Inn at Reading. Bringing the total amount of convention space to 4,640 sqft!

What does this mean? It means that we have more room for TABLES! If anyone is interested in booking tables yet, by all means, please contact us. We currently have space for 30 more tables, so if you want to book a table or two, please make sure you contact us as soon as possible so they don't run out again!

We have made some additions to the Events section of the official ECGE website. Check out the info for the Pac-Man Musical Chairs Challenge and the Puzzle Bobble tournament!

Have any suggestions for the show? Want to openly discuss the event with other attendees? Be sure to sign up for our Discussion Forums! Just click on the Forums button on the left side of the webpage and talk away!

Even with the almost doubled floor space the show is STILL FREE! Free tables, free entrance, free food, free drinks, free parking! :)

We've also booked a block of room at the Inn at Reading for anyone who will be spending the night. 10 rooms are reserved at a special $89 price tag, $10 less than the usual rate. You have to mention that you'll be attending the East Coast Gaming Expo to get the discount.

We're looking forward to seeing everyone's smiling faces at the show! Game on!

- The East Coast Gaming Expo Crew

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Heya, everyone -

Just wanted to let everyone know I posted a bunch of little updates for ECGE over on the official website, www.ecge.com

All ya' have to do is click on the Forums button. Don't even need to be a member to read the posts.

We're expecting around 500 people for just our first year, make sure you're there too!

We have tables left for anyone who wants to setup as a vendor - or just to display your collection and let people gawk at it! 8*)

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to give everyone a heads-up. We only have 6 tables left at the first East Coast Gaming Expo. So, if you want to come on down and set up as a vendor, display some of your collection, show off your homebrew work, run some tournaments, or whatever, be sure to e-mail us ASAP.

Just a reminder, tables are totally FREE and you can have upto 3 of them!

Be sure you're at the first East Coast Gaming Expo this September!

• 1 month later...