IGNORED

Labelling error...an Atari cart with a wrong label???

perryrhodan

Tonight I discovered that my Snoopy and the Red Baron cart is in fact...Haunted House... The problem is that the label have no hole where the screw is...and the cart is impossible to put apart..I tried to pull it apart without forcing it..but nothing to do..the screw is holding the to halve tighly.!!! It' is possible that I have an error in packaging? It's not another label glued by some child..it's the real label. It's in good condition less the fact that it have some actiplaque. I wonder whether the rom serial code correspond to Snoopy or Haunted House...but I don't want to put it apart...Is it worth something? Do I have to ship to someone who is know of it's integrity to authentified my find?

Thanks

Yan

I'm sure that is is real. In its later years, Atari started getting sloppy. While it is uncommon to find an entirely mislabeled cart, it is not unheard of altogether. It is more common, however, to find late release Atari games with labels that are upside down or even pasted over other labels (the most I've ever seen is 4 labels stacked on top of each other). These are all the way they came from the factory - a product of poor quality control.

• 2 years later...
Atari games with labels that are upside down or even pasted over other labels (the most I've ever seen is 4 labels stacked on top of each other).  These are all the way they came from the factory - a product of poor quality control.

YIKES! :sad: :ponder:

I have seen carts with labels applied upside down and I think I have at least one that has two labels, but I've never come across a completely mislabeled cart. Seems odd that this would happen if you assume cart manufacturing (including label application) was completely automated, but stranger things have happened. :)

..Al