IGNORED

Reference image(s) needed

Sub-Zero

I'm building a 3D model of a 6-switcher, and I need a good image from the side of a 2600 with the original form-factor (not the Jr), if someone could take a picture of their 2600 and post it, I'd be very appreciative :) I need a photo (or even a diagram) of the unit from either the left or right side, but it needs to be perpendicular from the top of the unit, not at an angle that most pics are at. I need this to be able to make an accurate model. Thanks!

Dear Sub Zero,

I recently acquired a Heavy Sixer in NM condition, and I own a 5-megapixel digital cam. The pic that "paul" posted was excellent. But if you need any further pictures, please let me know. I and my camera are at your service. And, BTW, I'd love to get a copy of the 3-D model once you're finished!

Take care, and good luck with your project.

Max

Sub Zero, looks excellent so far. I hope my package of Sixer pics has reched you without overloading your inbox. If it was too much at once, let me know, so I can send you the pics one at a time,

But I think the model looks fantastic so far. You obviously have a good grasp of 3D rendering. I hope that my pics can be of help, and I am looking forward to seeing the end product!

One pointer (and please forgive me if I am insulting your intelligence); 1977 Heavy Sixers had a yellow line painted around the front panel, and yellow switch labels (except for the power switch label). Later sixers and the four-switchers had an orangeish color instead. Sorry if I am stating the obvious, but I just wanted to make sure.

Any other other pics or help that I can provide, just ask. Good luck with your model, and I'm anxious to see the final product. Take care, now.

Max

It would be interesting if you could make a 3d scanner (I saw instructions on the internet) and use some software to translate the pic taken with the laser (in a straight line. I've done it using plastic bottles and stuff.) That would be much easier then doing it that way :P ?

Yes! I will be releasing this to the public domain -- use what you wish. It's not complete yet (need to add the yellow touch up around the panel and the joystick ports, etc.), but when it's done I'll put up a link for people to download the model and images. If you have any requests of a certain view or even color, let me know and I'll try to accomodate you as best I can :)