IGNORED

Leisure suit larry

Rocko

I loved LSL back in the day. I only ever got to play 1 and 6. I played 5 for a minute, but it was copy protected. They need to release a LSL Anthology for PC to coincide with the new game coming out. Which I am not interested in since its not even Larry

I loved LSL back in the day. I only ever got to play 1 and 6. I played 5 for a minute, but it was copy protected. They need to release a LSL Anthology for PC to coincide with the new game coming out. Which I am not interested in since its not even Larry

Yeah, but it could be like the other games, so it might be worth a look. I got the first two through abandonware, I found through 6, but they are all in french, so I wont get those.

My favorite Larry game would have to be number 3. I would use to play it with a neighbor taking turns at the keyboard. We got helplessly stuck at a part where Larry's gf, Patti, is trapped in a jungle with a feral pig blocking the way to her freedom. We tried everything but couldn't figure out what to type to get it going. We finally wrote a letter to the Sierra mail hint service (yup, no Internet and no modem) asking for help. They replied about a month later :!: The solution was to grab a pair of coconuts and use Patti's bra as a slingshot to kill the pig. Our pre-adolescent minds were too innocent to come up with something like that :roll:

Actually, they did release a LSL Anthology. It's out there somewhere.

I have it but all my discs are scratched. :(

Yes Space Quest was my favorite of the Sierras. I remember being

especially impressed with the EGA graphics of part 3, I played that game

inside out. A fun one is Gold Rush, I didn't find it too challenging but I

just really enjoyed the games period setting and the whole go west and

find your fortune theme. Hero's Quest aka Quest for Glory was excellent

too, but I didn't like the sequels, but the original I played to death. Its

quite a good RPG hybrid, best part was playing the thief and breaking

into houses late at night.

My favorite Larry was 2, and I'm surprised no one has specified it yet. It has that magical quality of making itself seem huge, and has some of the best in-jokes ever. I love how all of the barber shops look EXACTLY THE SAME.

Airports in games always trick me into thinking the world is huge.

The reason no one probably mentioned that LSL2 was their favorite is because the game is so damn hard! LSL2 was one of the first games where I broke down and got the hint book. My god that game was insanly hard. It also had a ton of "you need to use an item from 6 screens ago, but now you can't go back there and get it" problems.

Fun game though... If you cheat.

Tempest

My favorite Larry was 2, and I'm surprised no one has specified it yet. It has that magical quality of making itself seem huge, and has some of the best in-jokes ever. I love how all of the barber shops look EXACTLY THE SAME.

Airports in games always trick me into thinking the world is huge.

What do you do after you buy the lottery ticket?

I had to use a walkthrough on part of LsL1, as I couldnt find the membership card.