IGNORED

why does this 2600 game only play on the 2600 Jr.?

adams_ale

Sounds weird. Today i was testing out about 100 games on a Jr system and all worked except Kool aid man so i got out the other 6 around the store and none worked on my Jr system. So i took them to another tv's 4 switch and they all worked.

The position of the Left Difficulty switch (maybe it's the Right switch, I don't recall which at the moment) may be the reason why Kool-Aid Man did not work on your Atari 2600 Jr. It's a common complaint for many collectors that this title does not work, not realizing that the Difficulty switch is used as a Pause feature. That you say all 6 copies of the game did not work on your Jr. is pretty compelling evidence that this is your Gotcha.

Ben

The position of the Left Difficulty switch (maybe it's the Right switch, I don't recall which at the moment) may be the reason why Kool-Aid Man did not work on your Atari 2600 Jr. It's a common complaint for many collectors that this title does not work, not realizing that the Difficulty switch is used as a Pause feature.  That you say all 6 copies of the game did not work on your Jr. is pretty compelling evidence that this is your Gotcha.

I don't think so. There are Jrs (from China) that don't work with Kool Aid Man. I have one of those.

The game is running but unplayable, because due to some slightly different timings. Therefore the score display is displayed wrong and that causes constant collisions which makes the game go mad.

I don't think so. There are Jrs (from China) that don't work with Kool Aid Man. I have one of those.

Hey, I have one from China too. I'll give it a try.

But realistically, the dude is in a game store in St. Louis, MO, USA. He's doing some serious testing of "100 games." So, what are the odds he's doing his testing with the Jr. from China...assuming he''s even got one?

Ben

The game is running but unplayable, because due to some slightly different timings. Therefore the score display is displayed wrong and that causes constant collisions which makes the game go mad.

Those must be the ones that have the buggy TIA chip in them.

Mitch