IGNORED

Sega 32X Virtua Hamster Prototype For Sale

Tempest

Would anyone be interested in a Sega 32X Virtua Hamster prototype? It's the more complete version and is actually playable however there is no point to the game. You can zip around the tubes, pass other rodents, and grab powerups (that dont do anything yet). This prototype really shows what the 32X could do.

The only reason I'm considering selling this prototype is because I really don't collect newer protos. It really doesnt fit in with my prototype collection.

The game itself was housed in an old Doom 32X case. I took that label off and put my own homemade label on it so I could tell what it was.

If anyone is interested PM me. Keep in mind that this is an unreleased game, and a rare proto at that. I only know of a handful of other Virtua Hamster protos in existance, and many of them are the earlier version.

Tempest

Man, that kind of looks cool. I wish that the designer had taken the source code and moved it to a newer platform, like the Sega Saturn. I like the character sketches and designs. It probably would have done well in Japan with it's cuteness.

are there any decent 32X emulators out there though?

even if there is, i know there isnt any for Mac  :|

:lol:

Mac...32x...think about it.

I'm going to take my chances and say Fuck off, biggot. It sounds as if you want to start something, and well, I can't let that happen.

(Correct me if I'm wrong.)

So, what exactly was Virtua Hamster? It looks like a racing game. I had thought it was a simulation. Maybe like a predecessor to Seaman. But with a Hamster and no voice input. But it looks more like racing.

• 16 years later...
19 minutes ago, BDW said:

Whats up with the recent glut of new users reviving 15+ year old marketplace ads? I think I've seen more in the past month then I have in the past 5 years.

This is because when you google search for stuff, most of the top hits tend to be old message forum threads and since this thread doesn't specifically end with it being stated if it sold or not, well....there you go.

1 minute ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

This is because when you google search for stuff, most of the top hits tend to be old message forum threads and since this thread doesn't specifically end with it being stated if it sold or not, well....there you go.

I really wasn't asking how they do it, I was more asking why we had the big spike in it. Did another classic gaming forum die off somewhere and we're getting their new users? Did google change the way the index old forum posts? Mystery indeed.

• Like 1

I was at a different forum wherein one person would constantly necrobump old threads. Rather than ban the offending person (to be fair, bots and randos would do it too sometimes), who generally was an alright dude, the admin made it so that threads of a particular age automatically became locked. Is that not something the forum software used here allows?