IGNORED

found demo cart, need info

anton

frogs-and-flies-demo.jpg

i found what appears to be a demo cart at a thrift store with a bunch of other Atari games. has anyone seen a demo like this before? the front label doesn't match either version of Frogs and Flies in the AtariAge database. i tested it and it works. it seem to be the final version of the game, though i do not own a non-demo copy of the game to compare. i am a NES collector, not an Atari collector, so any information or conjecture on this cart would be appreciated.

not much  :roll:

Well that cleared that up.... I'm guessing it's a secret. Kinda like the way some folk dont want to tell you how much they make per year. First you tell em how much you paid for an Atari cart you found in the wild, the next thing you know you got folk beating down your door wanting you to invest in pork bellies. Just not worth it eh?

In any case, Nice find....maybe.

OK dude, here's how it works:

Last year I bought some demo carts at a thrift store - both 2600 and 5200 carts, I paid about $6 for 10 carts. This was a fantastic find and a phenomenal deal. It's not that hard, and I was never even asked how much I paid for them last year. We all have seen many different prices at many different thrift stores. I personally have paid anywhere from .25 to $2.50 for my carts, both 2600 and 5200. Some thrift stores sell the very common games for $5 which is too much for a thrift store, but getting a game like Mr. Do!'s Castle for $1 is an excellent find, and if you paid under $2 or $3 for that demo cart then it is exciting to know about because WE ALL LOVE ATARI. Please - share in the excitement, pass the love. :)

actually, it really WAS not that much.  imagine the price of a common atari cart at a thrift store.

:roll: Maybe we should all give you equally vague answers the next time you come around wanting to know about something no listed in the guide :roll:

thats exactly what I was thinking..

Obviously he's not going to answer. He's probably going to sell it on E-bay so I'd really rather not know.

To hell with him.

I would think ebay would put a stop to that auction pretty quick. I think they would see it as the same as a proto. Maybe better luck with bidiots.

If I found a rare cart at a thrift for $1 I wouldn't be afraid to sell it for going value and tell people I got it for a dollar.

Why are you people hassling this guy? Some people don't like to discuss their business, what the hell is wrong with that?  The price he paid doesn't affect the rarity or value of the cart or contribute anything to classic gaming knowledge.

It's not what he said, it's how he said it ;)