IGNORED

Your first Activison game

Mister VCS

My first Activison game was Chopper Command. In 1982 i was fascinated

about the rainbow in the background and the detailed trucks. It was a new

world of games for me after the blocky Atari games like Combat and Street Racer (the first titles of my brother). Which game was your first

Activison title?

That's a pretty good question that I don't remember anyone asking before. Mine was either Tennis or Laser Blast. I played both for hours, days, and weeks when I first got them. Maybe I got them at the same time, I do remember getting the patch scores and sending in a pic though :)

My first was Laser Blast. I got it at Nichols department store almost as soon as it came out for $16.95. Everyone in the neighborhood came over to play and everyone loved it. Everyone wanted to try for the patch!! Everone at school wanted to trade for other games for a few days, so they could also get the patch.

Activision had been introduced to our town--maybe by me!? I quickly got Freeway and I loved it also. It was not as popular with everyone else as Laser Blast was, but it was still widely played. Soon after this, either I or one of my close friends were to own every game sold by Activision at the time(except Bridge and Checkers--no patches). They loved the graphics and sounds and wanted to collect the patches and try to get their name in the newsletter! One guy even got Fishing Derby and Boxing which didn't offer a patch and did not track the world record in the Avtivisions newsletter. Even Tennis eventually offered a patch which we promptly applied for! Oh what fun!! :D

Christmas 83,

I walked out into the living room, and there it was...my 4 switch woody. I had wanted one so badly, and there it was. Freeway was on the screen, and I played that for what must have been hours. Then I saw in the manual that I95 was one of the courses, that even made it better (thats the local 'road'; I felt validated :) ).

I think from there it must have been Pitfall.

Funny enough, I know my last Acti game was Robot Tank. I borrowed it from the neighbors, and they had my Fishing Derby. We never traded back :( (yes, I still have that cart...if Michael or Anthony Menez read this, I'll gladly trade your cart back :) ).

Cassidy

Kaboom! My second game (pack-in Combat being the first). Brought it home, plugged in the adapter to the wall outlet, plugged in the small plug, and shorted it out. Spent two weeks getting a new one that was on backorder. Never made that mistake again.

And some think that "Nintendo Seal Of Quality" is ludicrous :lol:

HAHA, this will be a funny one,

i never actually owned an atari when i was young but all my friends did

(i was a C16/later C64 boy) and i only got my fisrt atari last year!

But the first 3 games i remember playing that also REALLY stuck in my head( they were the first games i played on my emu also lol)

were

1) STAR raiders

2) Adventure

3) Snoopy and red baron

Unfortunately i own a copy of star raiders which i have not been able to play as i dont have a video touch pad( u can sort of play if u plug a sega megadrive controller into port 2 lol ).

Of the last games i played on atari would have been double dragon and rampage, which at the time, were and still are terrible. :wink:

2 weeks ago I bought an Atari 2600 and it came with 2 Activision games, Enduro and River Raid. I think I played River Raid first. Inever had an Atari when I was younger, neither did any of my friends. I'm perhaps too young, friends had an MSX at the time.

The first Activision game we owned was Freeway. I remember thumbing through the Sears Wishbook trying to select just one game. I wanted Frogger, but my brother insisted that Freeway would be better because it was 2-players simultaneous. I even remember having to ask him what "simultaneous" meant. HAHA. Anyways, I never thought it was as good as Frogger, but it still got a lot of playtime on our system.