IGNORED

Your first Activison game

Mister VCS

Let me think, I remember Parker Brothers games, and Imagic games, and 20th Century Fox games, but no Activision.

:idea: No wait! I remember we had a white label Space Shuttle! I thought that game was the coolest thing. Allthough I never actually successfully completed a mission. This would have been sometime before 1985, because we still lived in Seattle.

Holy crap... I must have been like four years old when I first used our Atari, and we had quite a few Activision titles, so I'd be hard pressed to remember the exact game. I'll just take a wild guess and say Keystone Kapers... I recall that getting the most playtime out of all the titles I played back in the day. Once we got the NES hooked up in 1990, the Atari went in a box and wouldn't be used again for eight years...

I distinctly remember that my first Activision game was Grand Prix. I was amazed because I had not even known there were other companies besides Atari making games for the VCS. In my little hometown, none of the third parties had distribution. One weekend we went to the nearby bigger (but still not that big) city's mall, and at Musicland I saw the display of Activision games and was floored. Grand Prix was their most impressive title at the time (it was before Pitfall!), so I convinced my dad to get it for me.

"Back in the day" I only ever owned 4 Activision games... Grand Prix, Tennis, Pitfall! and River Raid. I played them all a lot. Of course, now I own the majority of the games Activision made for the 2600. H.E.R.O. and Keystone Kapers are my favorites.

Even though I've had my VCS for 23 years now (doesn't time fly? :D ) I didn't actually own an Activision game until I got back into Atari a few years back. As I remember, I only had Atari and Parker Bros. games for many, many years.

The first Activision cart that I owned was a loose copy of Keystone Kapers, started out well indeed! 8)

Hey , everyone I'm new here ... my first activision game was

Skiing

Same here!

I remember thinking "cool" whenever I pressed the button. Made the skier jump/hop over moguls with that halarious sound effect. And I would always see how long it take me to get to the bottom by going downhill at a wide angle. I thought for sure there had to be an "edge" somewhere. Nope, it just keeps scrolling along.

I think Pitfall and Starmaster where next. Good 'ol Activision games!

I really cant remember which game was first but I bought and played Skiing, Chopper COmmand, Tennis, Barnstorming and Laser Blast. Neighbors had Pitfall, Freeway, Starmaster and Fishing Derby. Skiing was my first game I believe but Laser Blast I got the patch for :)

The rainbow colors in Barn Storming always amazed me.

I think the first Activision game I played was Freeway while visiting a cousin who had an Atari before we did.

Recalling that made me think of probably the first ever mention of video games in my young life. I'd have been about 4 at the time and my parents came home after having dinner with my aunt and uncle talking about games they played on the TV screen. They talked especially about what must have been Centipede which they described as a game where you shot bugs that broke into pieces, and then you had to shoot the pieces too.

The only Activision game my family had when I was a kid was Sky Jinks, which I'm pretty sure my dad bought because he was a student pilot at the time. :)

And some think that "Nintendo Seal Of Quality" is ludicrous :lol:

It is. I was the only kid who had a Sega Master System, and my friends all had Nintendo. After a few months, all of them had their Nintendo's in the shop because they wouldn't boot games. They'd all get the dreaded "flashing LED" and blank grey screen on the TV. Nintendo was the first console that required a "Cleaning Kit" even if you took good care of your system. What a piece of crap.

My Sega Master System still works to this day, and I never had to get it fixed once. And the Graphics blew Nintendo's "Flickery Crapics" away.

Anyway...My first Activision game - Barnstorming. I loved that game.

I got the first games they released at the same time. Dragster and Fishing Derby. I still have them and they still have the foam inserts in the cart.

Dragster was phenomenal at the time. Fishing Derby had great graphics, but was a little slow for me.

-Lee

Back in 1989 my cousin came up to stay with us and he brought his atari along, which was a gift for me and my sis, among the games we had (and still have today) were the activision titles, Pitfall, Laser Blast, Pressure Cooker, Barnstorming and Freeway.

Although I cannot remember exactly which one we played first, it probably would have been Freeway, being the only one sis and I could play at the same time.

By far my best memories would have to be with Pitfall and Barnstorming.