IGNORED

Anyone selling a 7800?

emr

Thanks for the leads and info to all who responded!

I'm new to this world. I have a 2600 and I'm looking to expand my family...I would like to buy a 7800. Anyone know someone who's interested in selling?

Erin

[ 10-26-2001: Message edited by: cat ]

Make sure it comes with a power supply if you buy one, because they're proprietary and you can't just get a replacement at Radio Shack. You can build your own if your handy with a soldering iron though. Loose 7800 power supplies run about $20 by themselves.

quote:

Originally posted by Dan Boris:

This was actually a good business choice. Since the AC adaptor is one of the more likely components of the system to fail, by having a propritery connector you can only get them from Atari, thus they get some extra income from selling the replacements.

It may be a good business choice, but it's a bad choice for consumers. I could probably go into a little side business today making and selling these proprietary Atari 7800 controllers.

At least most modern systems use a standard power cable that's easily replaced. Although everything else is way proprietary (a/v cables, controllers, expansion, etc.) Bucking this trend is the PS2 which USB ports (*gasp!*) so you can actually use PC mice, keyboards and steering wheels (yes, the Logitech GT wheel works on the PC and vice versa..) The Japanese version even has a PC Card slot.

Okay, now I'm getting off the subject, sorry.

..Al